Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone #3 Delivered Today

volt1281734017

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Are you going to put different pups or strings (etc.) on this one to change up the sound from your other LP?

Excellent question. It was my desire to modify the new one to have a sound that would be brighter/cleaner than the ebony LP by replacing the PUPs. However, it's almost spooky that the new one sounds just the way I wanted it to - even though both are "EE" models, and they both weigh about the same. Pleasantly weird. 8-[

very nice! and yeah the back is fantastic.

I don't like the gold knobs. I always take those off.

get a sweet looking little set of Qparts chrome knobs on there.. maybe a red pearl insert..

or not.. looks darn nice as it is!

Agreed. I love the Epiphone guitars but their idea what knobs to put on the guitars occasionally misses the bullseye.

The rhythm guitar player in a band I was in back in the mid-ish '70's had a "real job" and could afford a Gibson Les Paul Heritage Cherry Sunburst. I thought it was the most beautiful guitar I'd ever seen and someday I'd buy one.

Well, I still can't afford, or are unwilling to pay the big $$$ for a Gibson LP, but I finally got my HC Sunburst Les Paul. Thank you Epiphone! #-o

very nice! and yeah the back is fantastic.

I don't like the gold knobs. I always take those off.

get a sweet looking little set of Qparts chrome knobs on there.. maybe a red pearl insert..

or not.. looks darn nice as it is!

TWANG, you should make a website showing the different customizations you can do, prices, etc. Plus, I want a section of pics of your satisfied clients' guitars!

Yeah that angled veneer on the back is pretty unusual. Wonder what's up with that?

Perhaps it's a defect!? On my Gretsch G5120 sunburst' date=' the top finish looks like the factory forgot to add the yellow to the sunburst. It is only shades of red and orange, but it is unique and I think it looks great. Some defects are nice to have.

[img']http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f223/longtall/Mar172008_0546c.jpg[/img]

Archived