Gibson Brands Forums

Wilkinson pickups - any good?

EpiGirl

Hi all,

on my post on coil tap/coil split, I got the advice to get new pups, and I began searching the Net. While I have either Gibsons or Seymour Duncans on my mind, I stumbled across a budget priced manufacturer Wilkinson.

Are these pups any good? Does anyone have any experience on Trevor Wilkinson stuff?

I found a couple of reviews on Harmony-Central...be warned, one of the posters doesn't know how to use his Caps Lock key SO IT SEEMS LIKE HE'S SHOUTING AT YOU!

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Guitar+Pickup/product/Wilkinson/zebra+humbuckers/10/1

General consensus seems to be good pickups for a ridiculously low price...similar to GFS.

I actually have one GFS Dream 180 bridge pickup (with four wires) that I have no use for. After a while I decided it was a bit too mellow for my Les Paul.

EpiGrrl, PM me if you want to experiment with it, you can have it for free because I think it's my turn to give something back to the community #-o

Hi all' date='

on my post on coil tap/coil split, I got the advice to get new pups, and I began searching the Net. While I have either Gibsons or Seymour Duncans on my mind, I stumbled across a budget priced manufacturer Wilkinson.

Are these pups any good? Does anyone have any experience on Trevor Wilkinson stuff?[/quote']

I just installed a GFS Loudmouth pickup in my LP Junior. This thing REALLY sounds good and looks cool too. It looks kinda like a Filtertron. It is an Alnico V magnet pickup, and to me is similar to a Seymour Duncan JB. Got mine on Ebay for 31.00 with shipping. It is a 4 wire pickup and comes with instructions for coil tapping. They also sell push-pull pots if you wanna go that route to tap it.

Check it out, there is one on there now you can look at http://cgi.ebay.com/GFS-Loudmouth-MAX-POWER-LEAD-Pickup-Neck-H62_W0QQitemZ160227745905QQihZ006QQcategoryZ22670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Archived