Gibson Brands Forums

Need Help Identifying Gibson Epiphone Les Paul Guitar! Please help!

Need Help Identifying Gibson Les Paul Guitar! Please help!

I need help identifying this Gibson Les Paul Guitar for my father. I don't really know much about guitars but I emailed Gibson and they never responded back. I have checked the serial number on the back and I'm not really sure how to read it. Please let me know what you find out about it or if you know the date it was made or ANYTHING I'd appreciate it! Thanks!!!

Please check here to see the pictures! http://www.tdpri.com/forum/just-pickups/104367-need-help-identifying-gibson-les-paul-guitar-please-help.html#post1200887

Signing up took.. maybe 10 seconds... Anyway, looks like an LP. I also checked your serial number in the guitar dater project and it also says 2010 for me. Perhaps it's a typo on the headstock and it's an 01 :P

It has green keys - anyone know if those come standard on any LPs? Otherwise looks like a run of the mill LP to me... then again they, all look alike to me. The "Gibson" truss rod cover says it's probably older than 2002...

Signing up took.. maybe 10 seconds... Anyway' date=' looks like an LP. I also checked your serial number in the guitar dater project and it also says 2010 for me. Perhaps it's a typo on the headstock and it's an 01 :P

It has green keys - anyone know if those come standard on any LPs? Otherwise looks like a run of the mill LP to me... then again they, all look alike to me. The "Gibson" truss rod cover says it's probably older than 2002...

[/quote']

Yea see someone else told me 2010. Obviously thats not possible. It is in great condition and I know my father paid alot for it but I just don't have ANY clue what it is worth or anything. Anybody know how much these are worth or retail for? If anyone posts their email address I will email them pictures immediately if they think they can help me! Thanks!!!

-Looks like a regular Epi Les Paul Standard in vintage sunburst to me. New it sells for $500-$550. What exactly did your Dad spend on it? Used it would probably go somewhere around $300, but I may be a bit off. Could be less, could be more. My Epi Lester Classic was built in 2002 and has the "Gibson" truss rod cover. That's about all I have for you. Just keep an eye on eBay and see what these average. Remember, it's only worth what someone will pay. But it is a nice looking Lester.

L8R,

Matt D.

That's one of those Czechoslovakian-made Epis. Looks like their serials do not follow the same format as the Korean ones use' date=' but I would say it's from the early nineties, maybe as early as 1991.[/quote']

Hey Spud,

Is it true that the Czech Epi's are higher quality than the Korean?

I seem to remember that they had Schaller tuners.

I've only seen one or two on eBay in the last 5 years.

If I remember right the serial numbers start with a "B".

Is that correct?

I would really like to try one out in person just to compare!

Archived