Gibson Brands Forums

Speed knobs

Gibson CS

You can take either a shoe lace or a polishing rag (maybe a 2 inch wide piece of old t shirt), wrap it around (underneath) the knob and gently apply upward equal pressure, or just the slightest side to side as you pull up, i have changed several this way with never a problem.

Insure when you put the new ones on, if they are loose extreme, extreme care if you decide to spread the split shank, some folks have put a screw driver in the notch on the shank, applied too much pressure spreading them to make the new knob fit tighter, and then broke the shank, this is not good.

If loose you could take a small piece of plastic wrap, around the shank and gently, firmly put the new knobs on.

I put these black speed knobs, black switch tip, and added the black switch tip ring on my 2007 pat martino

047.jpg

peace

deepblue1963, thanks it is a very nice playing guitar, i changed/added the plastic to match the pup rings, and it looks good to me, these are easy, inexspensive reversible changes. so it is easy to put the original stuff back on.

013.jpg

peace

Archived