Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Lucille question

jcwillow777

Well, I don't know about the Epi Lucille as much...the ones I have looked at, and played in the shops,

seemed more a '50's Les Paul style neck, but not quite as beefy as that. Since it's a "Signature" model,

it would be more to B.B.'s spec's than a Sheraton's neck would be, generally. I own a Gibson Lucille, and it's pretty rounded, and not like my Gibson Les Paul, which has the '60's thinner profile neck. I have an Epi Sheraton USA, and

a Riviera (Korean), that have the thinner profile necks...the Sheraton being the thinnest of the two.

Hope that helps, some...??

Jerrymac, is that like a Korean Sheraton, Chinese Sheraton, or Elitist Sheraton?

My "Assembled in USA" Sheraton (Elitist with nitro paint), has a pretty thin neck,

compared to my buddie's Korean Sheraton. So, that's why I ask.

My friend's Korean Sheraton's neck is probably closer to that of the Epi Lucilles,

that I have played, in various guitar shops.

Jerrymac' date=' is that like a Korean Sheraton, Chinese Sheraton, or Elitist Sheraton?

My "Assembled in USA" Sheraton (Elitist with nitro paint), has a pretty thin neck,

compared to my buddie's Korean Sheraton. So, that's why I ask.

My friend's Korean Sheraton's neck is probably closer to that of the Epi Lucilles,

that I have played, in various guitar shops. [/quote']

I've have a Matsumoku Sherry, and I've had at various times a "Assembled in USA" Sheraton and 3 MIK Samicks (late 80s/early 90s). All had thin necks like my Lucille (which is a 99 MIK Peerless). I have played a late model Sherry which had a rounder neck more like the Dots. I don't know if it was MIK or MIC.

l_0fa6864e0e1d26c8248e334d4c1cb4a1.jpg

My '06 Unsung Lucille has a neck that, like jerrymac says, feels very close to a Sheraton (at least the ones I've tried in stores). I would call it a shallow C profile, and maybe just the slightest hair wider than the Sherry if anything. It feels more like a LP neck than a 335, if that is of any help. It is hard to describe, but hopefully this is of some help.

- Jay

Thanks everyone, you were very helpful. Unfortunately the music store I frequent doesn't usually have an Epi Lucille in stock to try out. It the neck feels anything like my '06 EE Sherry or my '80 Gibson Custom LP I will be extremely happy. I may have to call GC to see if they have one in stock I can try out. I've been wanting a Lucille for over a year, I'll just have to save up my pennies. If I do get one I will definitely chrome it out like you did Jerry, that looks really sweet.

Archived