Gibson Brands Forums

Tom DeLonge ES-333?

pohatu771

Has anyone ever played, or even seen, one of these?

I was just looking at it on Musician's Friend, and noticed that it has an access panel, like a Les Paul or SG. It occurred to me that it may be the ultimate "modder's" semi-hollow.

It even comes with a hardshell case.

That access panel will definitely make life easy. Not so sure about the case, nowhere do they actually state that it comes with a case; the Canadian price list doesn't mention a case either.

Good price though; in Canada they'll be going for around $566... still cheaper to buy a Dot Studio and a Dirty Fingers PU.

That access panel will definitely make life easy. Not so sure about the case' date=' nowhere do they actually state that it comes with a case; the Canadian price list doesn't mention a case either.[/quote']Looking again, Musician's Friend doesn't mention the case, they just show the picture...

A review I read said it had a case.

I can't find the guitar anywhere on the press site.

Has anyone ever played' date=' or even seen, one of these?

I was just looking at it on Musician's Friend, and noticed that it has an access panel, like a Les Paul or SG. It occurred to me that it may be the ultimate "modder's" semi-hollow.

It even comes with a hardshell case.[/quote']

That access panel is very handy, and makes repairs a snap.

If that plate covers the route for a second humbucker, it would really make the Epi Version of the 333 attractive for modders. The Lucille also has this access plate, and if they're using the same body, the ability to easily add a second pickup should already be there.

From the early press pictures I've seen, it looks like it has a one-piece neck, and mahogany, at that. The other Dots (older ones, anyway), have maple necks, so this gives us a neck and body that much closer to an original.

Red 333

You got that right.

Is there a shortage of good guitarists I didn't hear about? How does this guy rate a Fender AND a Gibson sig model?

I didn't know who Tom Delonge was. I assumed he was a guitarist from the 50's or something until googled him and found out he is the Blink 182 guy. :-s WTF?

If that plate covers the route for a second humbucker' date=' it would really make the Epi Version of the 333 attractive for modders.[/quote']

Dunno, to me the plate doesn't look wide enough to cover a route for a humbucker.

Dunno' date=' to me the plate doesn't look wide enough to cover a route for a humbucker.

[/quote']I didn't think so either.

The humbucker it has looks like it goes all the way to the edge of the brown stripe between the cream-coloured stripes... the plate stops before that.

Plus is has the three screws in it.

Maybe I'll check the local stores this weekend, but it seems like I would have seen one already if they had one.

[EDIT] I also just noticed that the guitar in the picture has a U serial number... I thought all production had moved to China. The serial number puts it at March 2007.

How long have they made this? I thought it was a "new 2008" model.

The Delong 335 looks like it has arout for a neck pickup with some kind of cover on it. I'd be sure to bing a neck pickup and another control pot in that thing and wire it up like a Studio. Kinda cool looking. I wish Epiphone would would offer that guitar with 2 pickups and some normal finishes. It's a nice guitar.

If that plate covers the route for a second humbucker' date=' it would really make the Epi Version of the 333 attractive for modders. The Lucille also has this access plate, and if they're using the same body, the ability to easily add a second pickup should already be there.[/quote']

No, that plate merely covers the end of the neck mortise. Normally the rhythm pickup would do that job. There is no pickup rout (not 'route')... look at the width of the plate; too narrow for a HB mounting hole.

No' date=' that plate merely covers the end of the neck mortise. Normally the rhythm pickup would do that job. There is no pickup rout... too narrow for a HB mounting hole.[/quote']

You are right about the size. I was replying from my phone, and was relying on my memory of the size of the cover. I should have looked at a picture of the DeLonge 333 online before replying.

There is no pickup rout (not 'route')....

Soryye. Ie wase replyinge frome mye phone ande thee keyse aree soe darnede smalle.

Rede 333e

Archived