Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar!

bluefoxicy

I got my Ibanez S470DXQM! That Floyd-Rose bridge is like, wtf? How do I string this thing?! It's nuts.

So now I don't know if I'm supposed to be an Ibanez purist (whatever the latest gear brand you got was) or if I'm supposed to get a Warlock or something (because I already have an Epi and an Ibanez).

Maybe I should take pictures later, stick 'em side by side, have a dramatic slant cut in the scene between them like they're mortal enemies. Give them text bubbles too! "o/~ On the blackest planes in Hell's domain--" "Isn't that where Angus Young got his SG?" "Yeah and he still can't shred like Herman Li!" "Yeah well, Iommi doesn't even have fingertips!" ....

... that reminds me, $1600 for a 1970s era vintage Gibson SG doesn't sound realistic to me.

lol, yeah, he cut them off on a metal work machine and had to fashion some plastic caps from melted soda bottles or something. ON HIS LAST DAY OF WORK.

Most of my post was some half-assed satirization of the world, or something. Who can tell? I have attention problems, keeps things interesting.

Happy New Guitar Day BFI !!!!!( I always miss spell your Id name about 3 times,this was easier.D)

I'm sure you'll get the hang of the Floyd Rose,I've got 2 guitars with 'em.They can be a pain to get in tune,but once you get the hang of it,you'll probably love it. I would imagine there are internet tutorials on this,worth learning IMHO.

That Ibanez should be a good guitar to hang with your Epi, btween the 2 you should have a nice pallete of tones to work with.

When I was your age, I had attention problems, too. Hell, I have attention problems now! (Which is why I am posting this right now instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing.) Anyway, congrats on the new guitar. Just make sure you play it and don't end up like me and wish you'd played more when you were younger and had more time!

Archived