Gibson Brands Forums

Fake or real les paul custom ?

Ryuusei

Hey guys :) i got an epiphone les paul custom white about 2 months ago of a guys on ebay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Nnilswerdna-Guitars

it all seem real; the neck is fine, the pickups have 'Epiphone' stamp on it etc.... but when i opened the pickup switch it doesn't have an epiphone stamp and the strap button came off wont screw back on. The number is EE 070902449, i have checked on guitar data base but im still not sure if its a real or fake :S please help guys.

Oh another thing is it just me or the pickguard on old epiphones starts at fret mid 21 but new epiphones stats lower on 21 :S ????

I will post some pics up 2moz =]

&& sorry im new please give me some advice =D> thank you very much

Of course it's fake. If it was real' date=' it'd say 'Gibson' on the headstock and it would have been made in the USA.

The giveaway is the strap button thing. Strap buttons on real Epiphones [i']never[/i] pull out.

LOL, ok RotcanX don't scare the poor guy all the way to death! He did say he was new to the forum...and yes I too get tired of "is this a fake" I have even posted "they are all fakes..everyone of them so send them to me for proper disposal"

Capt

Archived