Gibson Brands Forums

Would you rather have

13yguitarman

I'd have to go with the Gibson Melody Maker. Not that I want one. It's just that I allready got all the others. Alltho admittedly I have a "smashed Epi LP which is peed on"-model so I'll count that as two, ok? O:)

Which Melody Maker are we talking about?

Some of them were just Les Paul Juniors without a pickguard.

But let's consider...

I already have a really great Strat.

Vintage SGs and Les Pauls would be nice, but if they're beyond repair, they don't do much good.

An Epiphone Les Paul "that's been smashed to bits" wouldn't really sound the greatest.

An SG that's been peed on is tempting.

Or a Melody Maker...

For me it's a tie between the Telecaster and the Melody Maker. I'm leaning towards the "really great Tele," because in my mind that's the American Deluxe Telecaster that I play every time I go to Guitar Center.

Aged cherry sunburst, maple fretboard.

Garyelcrrt, I hope those guitars are photographed in your "house's" back yard, and not in an apartment complex,

as would seem to be indicated, (in one photo, anyway)? The reason I mention that, is...that I had some bad

experiences, with people (neighbors) watching me cart my photographic equipment, to and from my car, in my

apartment complex (when living in Glendale, CA.), going back and forth to work (free-lanced), and one day,

I was "relieved" of it all! So, I hope your "neighbors" are a lot more trustworthy/neighborly, than mine turned out

to be. (I couldn't prove (didn't see the actual theft), who did it, but I KNOW, who's responsible...just the same)!

Also, I hope you're insured!!

Well, didn't want to seem "paranoid," (at least anymore, than we probably all are, a bit, these days?), but...

With what happened to me, and the way it was done, it could have only been the "neighbor" in question.

There's no doubt, in my mind! But, of course, "proving it," when I didn't see the actual theft, was impossible,

unfortunately. Just didn't want you to have to go through something similar.

Anyway, some nice "Axes" you have!

CB

I don't personally care much about strats and although I know a competent luthier who I'd trust with the SG neck business with, I still value a good playable instrument over an old POS.

Hence, the tele.

Which Melody Maker are we talking about?

Some of them were just Les Paul Juniors without a pickguard.

But let's consider...

I already have a really great Strat.

Vintage SGs and Les Pauls would be nice' date=' but if they're beyond repair, they don't do much good.

An Epiphone Les Paul "that's been smashed to bits" wouldn't really sound the greatest.

[b']An SG that's been peed on is tempting.[/b]

Or a Melody Maker...

For me it's a tie between the Telecaster and the Melody Maker. I'm leaning towards the "really great Tele," because in my mind that's the American Deluxe Telecaster that I play every time I go to Guitar Center.

Aged cherry sunburst, maple fretboard.

What if Angus Young peed on it?

I would rather have the Melody Maker. I used to have a 1965 double pick up one. But the sound is terrible. I traded that for a 12 string Fender whatever ya call it. But I still have a 1965 Epiphone Olympic which is old Epi`s version of a Melody Maker. Only one pick up maybe that`s why I kept it all these years.

Archived