Gibson Brands Forums

HI ! NEW GUY HERE !!!! NEED HELP !!!!!!!!

DaddyO

Hi guys ! I need opinions... i just got the valve jr. head, 99 dollars @ GC, couldn't resist ! My problem is with getting a cab. I have about 300 to spend, with which i would like to buy the epi cab with 12" eminence, and either an attenuator or a pedal or both =D> But.... I went to my local shop to get some strings and it appears they are going oob. They said they are clearing everything out so being the gear pig i am i took a look around. I found a Marshall JTM-c410 (4x10) cab for 399 but said they would discount it to 299. It's from 1996 or 7 so it has the not-chinese celestions=d> What should i do ? epi cab with attenuator and pedal or Marshall 4x10 ? Help.......

For that money' date=' I'd take the 4x10. I can't imagine you wouldn't get that if you decided that you hated it and wanted to sell it later. [/quote']

I would too...being a 1996 ish it should be nice and broken in as well. Should sound Great with the Valve Jr head. Do you know if your head is a version 2 or version 3? That makes a difference as well....version 3 has a better output transformer.

hey guys ! Thanks for the input !...... It is a 96 era but is brand new so is not broken in yet. The head is a v3. well i just got back from trying it out , the 4x10, with the head and..... i bought it ! The second i plugged it in and hit a note i knew ! i guess i'll have to deal with the volume right now as i can always get an attenuator down the road. thanks for the help boys and i'll keep you updated on my sonic adventures !

Oh man! You have no idea how badly I want one of those cabs! They were a part of the 1996 run of JTM series amps that merged into the JCM600s by 1997. I have a JTM-60 head and 112 I picked off of my old guitar instructor and I would LOVE to find one of the 410 cabs to top it off for my jazz/blues setup. (Yeah, it makes a great jazz amp despite the Marshall logo! The woman-tone flows from it with my Ric too.)

I looked for months for one of those cabinets though. If you ever get rid of that thing, I want a call. :-s

Yeah man ! I really stepped in it ! Brand new ! Imagine that, a cab like that sitting around that shop for 12 years ! I wish they had the head, i want one ! Chris you will be the first to know if i am ever gonna part with it but i highly doubt it. It sounds just incredible with my epi head, i just love it ! thanks for the help boys i really appreciate it !

Archived