Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge screw heads,front or rear?

stan 58

On regular ABR-1 tune-o-matics like those found on Epis, the screws usually face forward. On the Nashville TOM the screws face the tailpiece.

Sometimes they end up reversed, especially when the bridge falls off during a string change and the owner is unsure as to the original orientation (and then he wonders why his intonation suddenly is off).

Sometimes they end up reversed' date=' especially when the bridge falls off during a string change and the owner is unsure as to the original orientation (and then he wonders why his intonation suddenly is off).[/quote'] Hahaha ... that actually happened to the son of a friend of mine - then he changed the height of both the bridge and stop to try and "fix" it further. Eh, ya lives, ya learns :(

Yeah, I've seen them come (even new) both ways...even guitar to guitar, on the same models. So...???

As long as you keep them the way they came (unless you want to re-align and re-intonate)

it really shouldn't make much difference, unless...as Rotcanx said, the tailpiece obstructs

the screws.

CB

Same as CB posted here. I have seen them both ways through the years both on Gibsons and Epiphones. More so to the rear but sometimes to the front. As long as the intonation is correct and it plays fine it is not an issue.

My 68 335 had the screws facing the front, but it also had a bigsby. Maybe the factory did it or the previous owner. I sold it in the late 80s to buy an amp I no longer have. DUOOH!

Archived