Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sheraton Pick ups

Hi, I recently purchased a used 2004 Sheraton made by the Unsung factory. I also have an Epi Les Paul made in 2000 by Samick. I noticed that the sound from the bridge pick up on the les paul sounds far better than the Sheraton's bridge. I opened up the sheratons pickups to find two 57G underneath. I have read about it and says its a 57 classic pickup. Intruiged, i opened up the les paul to find what they were and they are a 57ch neck and hotch bridge.

I guess what id like to know is, are the 57 pickups the same as the gibson 57's and would a hot pickup sound better in my sheraton than the 57 already in it? or would it feedback horribly? Im quite dissapionted with it as its my fave guitar out of the both but the sound just doesnt cut through as well as the les paul.

Cheers

The pickups are not the same as the Gibson '57s. I wasn't happy with the pickups in my Sheraton either. I put in a set of GFS Vintage 59s. I am totally happy with my Sherry now. I was going to put the Gibson 57s in it until I heard about GFS and I decided to give them a try. I figured if I didn't like them I wasn't out that much money @ $40 a pickup. I'm sure the Gibsons sound better, but I'm not a pro and these definitely do a very nice job for me.

Welcome' date=' James. I hope you are pleased with you Sherry when complete. BTW, have you considered how well traveled that pickup is by the time you get it? Been 'round the world, hasn't it?

[/quote']

Yeh i know, unfortunately there isnt a dealer in the UK, well, none that i could find online anyways. Hopefully it will be in one piece when i get it!

At least the pick up got to see the world even if i dont!

Archived