Gibson Brands Forums

Is this speed knob appropriate...

bluefoxicy

I'll take a look. I know I have them in 250 and 500K push pulls.

I think I took my tone back to 500K.. 1M was just kinda.. sloppy in it's range? something like that, anyway. *been a while, I should keep notes*

Yes but I can't find a 1M push-pull volume pot' date=' so I just have a normal one ;)[/quote']Ask my sister that you're with (...........funny thing is, I don't have a sister, but I DO have a brother:-k =P~:-k )

I don't get it.

Also, the 12AX7 has a 2M grid resistance... I'm thinking a 20M volume pot would be appropriate (THESE DON'T EXIST), since the other resistor out that way is (umm) the preamp (vol - tone - output jack - input jack - 10k - preamp grid), so at 18M like 10% of the signal goes to ground???? Is this right?

Ng' date=' nods. And 1M on vol would be way too much, wouldn't it? Someone said the pickups would get feedback or something ... I still don't see why.[/quote']

Stupid me, pickups are COILS! They have resistance and impedance, I bet weaker coils with fewer windings take a lot of signal back and go wonky since the other end of the coil goes to ground!

... and I built an amplifier... should know this stuff, duh =P~

Archived