Gibson Brands Forums

How many players here...

stumblinman

Own a VJr combo or half stack? I know almost all of you recommend them. I have a V3 half stack and LOVE it. Just wanted a "+1" thread on ownership. If you own more than one, go ahead and +2, +3 and so on.

Edit: I put this on the guitar discussion forum, because I figure most guys reading the amp forum would already have one. Figured better response due to much higher activity here.

+8 Seven heads and a combo but I sold 5 modded heads kept 2 and the combo...so +3 now. Love em !

1 Voxy moded head 1 Marshall moded head and 1 Frankenstien modded combo(all turretboard builds with hammond ESE &DSE OT's).DSC04878.jpg

Someone asked about the cabs in the pic....Those are line 6 flextone 1x12 cabs that I bought cheap and loaded with 12" Vox/Eminence 8 Ohm blackdog speakers.....they sound Killer with the valve jr's! Under those are 2 2x12 Avatar cabs with celestion Vin30's and 12H30's ...also very good...but I like the 1x12's better with those amps.

-1. I had one and I Marshalized it. I loved it' date=' but I sold it to buy other things. I have 5 amps so one had to go, and the VJr. was it. After it was modded it sounded great though. Hammond 125DSE and various cap and resistor changes.

[img']http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jcwillow777/Epi%20Valve%20Junior/EpiFront2.jpg[/img]

The standby and master volume were mods, I assume?

+4

two heads modded

two combos.. one getting modded for someone else the other seems FRIED!

*s* hey you can't win every time you roll.

+1 VJ cabinet. Will get another one of these days.

I am spending more time modding than playing .. and that's got to stop.

And it will,

as soon as I swap my head one to a 6L6..

and add an 6V6 to the other head...

and fix the burnt out combo which will be marshallized and sold...

Crap. I may be dead before I get any time to play!

+1 stock, version 3 head (w/JJ EL84 & Tung Sol gold pin 12AX7) -- custom cabs -- play it every spare minute!!!

Sold my solid state crap 3 wks. after Jr. and will never, ever look back!

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

+1 Head/Cab, Version II 5 watts - changed the tubes, replaced the Lady Luck with a Celestion Goldback. My, my, hey, hey, we gonna rock and roll today.

+1 Vox AD120VTH 2x60 watts/2x12 Neodogs - can make some really sweet music (and sometimes a digital fart or two)

+1 Fender Jazzmaster/1x12 (not pictured) - 250 watts @ 2 ohms, weighs 22 lbs total and is nearly as good clean as the Vox. Guess which head I lug around?

+1 Blackheart Head 5 watts/2x12 Eminence Cannabis Rex+Lady Luck topped with GenzBenz 1x12 Eminence Private Jack. This thing is more edgy than the VJH, gets pretty raunchy with a Keeley-mod Blues Driver, but doesn't get into "raucous"; so I bought...

Edit: Sorry, forgot the 2x12 wasn't in this shot.

+1 Frenzel 5E1 Head/modded to single EL34. 10 watts. Should be here next Friday. I expect (and hope) this will into some heavy tones.

Frenzelad.jpg

Whitey004.jpg

What can I say? I've always liked a little head.

I have something very similar to a Vjr combo, a 5W combo made for a German music store

(some say these combos have Epiphone printed on the board but I haven't checked).

If Epi come up with an affordable 15W tube head, I'd be abusing my credit card right away.

107783-80-spin.gif

I have something very similar to a Vjr combo' date=' a 5W combo made for a German music store

(some say these combos have Epiphone printed on the board but I haven't checked).

If Epi come up with an affordable 15W tube head, I'd be abusing my credit card right away.

[/quote']

The Harley Benton GA5(that's a 5 not an S) is exactly the same, except for the addition of a toneknob. And in nice cream tolex to boot. :-)

Whip out the ole credit card then Biff! How about this? http://www.thomann.de/nl/harley_benton_ga15.htm

Again, same as some Epiphone model but without the DSP crap and at an amazing price!

Whip out the ole credit card then Biff! How about this? http://www.thomann.de/nl/harley_benton_ga15.htm

Again' date=' same as some Epiphone model but [i']without[/i] the DSP crap and at an amazing price!

I KNOW!! I'm dying to get one but I can't justify getting another combo, so I was hoping for a cheap head instead ...

A good cheap head is always easy to justify. :)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...ok damnit Ricochet and Biff' date=' how much is that in USDs? and do they ship to the USA? I like that little amp.

Capt[/quote']

Uh oh... GAS alert! OK Capt. The GA15 is €158 which is approx. $248. Shipping to US is flat rate at approx $47 up to certain dimensions and weight.

I think the only thing to moderately compare in that price and wattage is the Crate V18-112

Archived