Rockin_Dude

Out of all the guitars i have,the one i really don`t like is my dot studio

Nothing wrong with it plays great good sound and all,but i hate the neck

on it ,just not to my liking feels like i`m playing a 2 x 4 ,,

all the other guitars here have thin necks,i play it but

the neck feels to big i guess is what i`m saying,

my es 335 neck is great ,guess i shouldn`t compare the

dot studio to the es335 .

Out of all the guitars i have' date='the one i really don`t like is my dot studio

Nothing wrong with it plays great good sound and all,but i hate the neck

on it ,just not to my liking feels like i`m playing a 2 x 4 ,,

all the other guitars here have thin necks,i play it but

the neck feels to big i guess is what i`m saying,

my es 335 neck is great ,guess i shouldn`t compare the

dot studio to the es335 .[/quote']

Ever heard of a family where 2 brothers married 2 sisters and all the kids looked alike? Trust me, nobody had any problem telling them apart after 5 minutes acquaintance. Very different personalities.

Same thing here. You just like the ugly step-sister...er, uh, ES-335...best.

Ah, the necks. All so different and exciting. Checking out a guitar neck is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You've got to caress the profile. Breathe softly and gently. And give every inch of it your loving attention. You've got to take your time. Then you feel the whole body vibrate in tune. Gently lower the her to rest, light your pipe, stand back and admire her precious beauty.

I'm losing it. Too much Swiss Toni I guess.

What I meant to say, neck profiles are a personal thing. I love the rounded 2x4 neck on my Dot.

Ah' date=' the necks. All so different and exciting. Checking out a guitar neck is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You've got to caress the profile. Breathe softly and gently. And give every inch of it your loving attention. You've got to take your time. Then you feel the whole body vibrate in tune. Gently lower the her to rest, light your pipe, stand back and admire her precious beauty.

I'm losing it. Too much Swiss Toni I guess.

What I meant to say, neck profiles are a personal thing. I love the rounded 2x4 neck on my Dot.

[/quote']

Watch the time zones, Biff! Its before breakfast some places, you know.

I've only seen one Epiphone Dot Studio guitar in person. Someone had smashed the guitar's neck in half. I asked the fellow who owned it (and the studio it was in) what happened. He didn't give me a clear answer.

Part of me likes its "army surplus" looks. But if I'm going to all mahogany, it will not be a hollow or semi-hollow. More like a Les Paul Studio Supreme in root beer (I don't know why, but I love that root beer finish).

+1 Root Beer!

...but you can make a really nice player out of a Dot Studio. Mine is a fairly early EE, and has a neck that is at least as slim as my Riviera. 'Course, my LP is supposed to be a thin neck, and it feels very close to the neck on both my Blueshawk and SG Junior - Gibson's both, those. Guess there's no way to tell but to pick one up and find out...

98b97093.jpg

I've got a Dot, and though it is a little thicker than I like, I love playing it. I have a friend that has a Dot Studio. I tried it out and I have to say the his neck is thicker than my Dot, and I really didn't care for it. So, as has been said earlier, profiles on necks vary. That's why trying a guitar out before you buy is better.

Archived