Gibson Brands Forums

What was the LAST live show you ever saw ?

CodeMonk

Well, since we just had the What was the first live show you ever saw ?, I thought I would go to the other end of this.

What was the last live act you saw? How was it, Any Epiphones there?

Mine well, I saw Rush last night (my primary reason for making this thread I must confess). Great show (although the mixing was a tad muddy).

It was a 3 hour show, with them taking a 15-20 minute break in the middle. No opening act.

Alex Was playing all Gibson Les Pauls (Except for his trusty white ES-355 and his various acoustic instruments).

Most of his Les Pauls had a tremolo on them. 2 of them had the normal TOM, A cherry sunburst and a 57 Goldtop RI (I think I read that what his Goldtop was).

Several of them looked to be the Digital LP (larger/longer than normal output jack plate).

One little side note, dunno if anyone cares, but I read in a few interviews about his technique for playing the opening riff of Spirit Of Radio. In the interviews, he said he keeps his finger anchored on the b string, 3rd fret for much of that riff. Well, thats not how he played it last night.

Anyway, it was a great show. I suggest if they are coming to your area, GO!

Oh yeah, at the Reno Events Center

So, what was the last live show you saw?

I saw Tift Merritt about 10 days ago; she played a battered, red, 60's Gibson J-45. It sounded great. I saw Martin Sexton solo just a few days before. He didn't play a Gibson or Epiphone, but a silouette of an Epiphone Texan (that's my interpretation, anyway) is on the T-shirt offered for sale at the show. The week or so before that, I saw Springsteen. Great show, but sadly lacking in the Gibson and Epiphone dept. The week before that, I saw Trish Murphy, who played an Epiphone Cortez. I watched a DVD of Paul McCartney at the Glastonbury festival and Superbowl (disc 3 of his recent DVD collection) this weekend. That's a Gibby fest: 335's, SG's, Les Pauls, SG bass, Epiphone Texan. Nice.

Also, have you seen those Coach ads with Keith Richards holding a black Gibson 355 (?) with the Bigsby on it. Cool.

Red 333

Seeing Radiohead on Tuesday. Last show as of right now was the Weakerthans. Looking at the bands listed so far, I can guess no one cares.

I passed on Rush earlier, I think Tampa was either the first or second date on the Snakes and Arrows tour. I had just seen them for the 30th anniversary and I needed the cash for other things. My buddy that I'm going to Radiohead with saw Clapton last night, saw him once before in Europe with Derek Trucks too. I tried really really hard to find $180 in my couch cushions, but I just couldn't make it.

John Mayall a couple weeks back. Buddy Whittington was playing a red Tele. Good show but the sound guy had trouble finding the right mix bwtn John's harp and vocals. Mayall's voice wasn't the greatest but he's in great shape and put on a good show.

Mark Knopfler somewhere in Los Angeles at an outside venue, I think in '01... Sorry to say that it was less than spectacular - maybe just an off night. The highlight of the show was when Bonnie Raitt performed and the scent of rope in the air.........J

The last three shows i saw were

Keith Urban- Indy 2007

Velvet Revolver-Indiana 2007

The Who- Indy 2007

I never noticed before alcorn429 - nice to see a fellow Hoosier on here, I grew up in Richmond. Moved to Denver and then Md in 69. I think Richmond is about 85 mi S of Indianapolis on 40. About 20,000 people when I was there.

Last concert - John Fogerty, November 2007

There's a jazz club in downtown St. Paul called the Artist's Quarter that I go to every few weeks. I've heard a lot of great music there, but it's mostly local talent, nobody you guys would have heard of...except maybe Billy Peterson. He's a fantastic bass player and co-owner of the Artist's Quarter. When he's not in town, he's playing with Steve Miller or Donny Osmond (!). Hey, it pays the bills!

Archived