Gibson Brands Forums

The Slash Signature Epiphone Les Paul

Hey guys...im new to the forum here.

Does anybody know is a left handed model of the Slash Signature Epi LP for those of us who play left handed and cant quite afford the gibson model???

Any info is much appreciated

ElectricLefty

Thanks RotcanX!

Currently im on my first guitar and to be honest i purchased the cheapest lefty available - a Stagg SG - and now that im advanced a great deal and a year and a half of the stagg i think its time for a better model.

Obviously the Gibson LP is the dream guitar but an Epiphone is the most affordable guitar of good quality that ive tried out and the Slash Sig is just the one i was after but oh well....

ElectricLefty

Thanks Dubstar...ill check it out!

Theres just something about the Seymour Duncan Alnico pickups that i love...

is it worth buying the pickups and putting them in an epiphone elitist, custom or standard etc. or should i jsut go for something more expensive in the first place?

gibson designed and made USA PUs...

The Elite Pickups All Elite instruments are equipped with custom-wound pickups "Made in the USA" exclusively for Epiphone by Gibson Musical Instruments and are made with such uncompromising features as:

* High Quality Cover Materials - All pickup covers use quality German silver with vintage Nickel or real 24K Gold finish.

* Vintage Two-Conductor Wiring - Authentic two-conductor wiring with "braided" outer shielding for true vintage look and tone.

* Full Wax Potting - Every pickup is potted in a special wax bath to insure that microphonic feedback due to internal vibration is elimated. All covered models receive a second wax bath to further protect the pickup.

* Specially Made Magnets - All magnets are magnetized by Gibson to ensure the total reliability of each magnet's performance. Critical magnetic flux is maintained for the perfect combination of output without sacrificing tonal characteristics.

is it worth buying the pickups and putting them in an epiphone elitist' date=' custom or standard etc. or should i jsut go for something more expensive in the first place?[/quote']

If you haven't already, you should definitely go for something more useful in the first place: A good all tube amp.

You can get superb 5W class A tube amps for $100-$200, which are loud enough to cut it when the drummer comes in.

The stock pickups in the standard Epiphones are mediocre, on Elitists they are very good and SD Alnico Pros are probably just awesome. Investing more than that in the pickups won't make you much happier and without the right amp it isn't worth it anyway.

Get a Std and choose your fave finsh. I chose a Plus Top in honeyburst cos i love the look. You'll be more than happy with a std. Customs are more exspensive mainly due to cosmetics so up to you if you got a litte money to burn. (I didnt lol)

Like they say get a good amp before looking at pickups mate. I've got a Vox AD-30-VT Which isnt a tube amp but simulates one and is a bloody good amp for your money but you cant beat a real one. Only recently learnt myself that a 5watt tube amp (A Class) Will be almost as loud as my Vox 30 watt amp! (Dont ask me how but theres loads of guys on here who understand better than me)

Looking into a 5-15 tube amp head myself on the pursuit of more tone.

If you get an elitist, they are exspensive but from what ive read on here they are;

Best sounding LP of all.

Best pickups of all LP's

Best finish and binding etc

Best woods used to build

Best construction

Best maple tops

Best wiring

Simple they are the "Elitist" LP guitar out there. Alot of people reakon they are as good and some say better than a Gibson LP!!!

Archived