Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Elitist Elite Riviera for Sale - Rare

oakesy8

I'm sorry your from New Orleans, because it's unlikely we could make a deal. However anyone in the UK is welcome to make me an offer, i'm looking for around £850 for it, and will take it off ebay if anyone is interested.

Thankyou

Not good form' date=' trolling for buyers for an auction on a forum. If you are a regular member, it is better to offer us a reasonable price or best offer before ebaying it. As you are doing it here, it is, in fact, spam, not a "deal".:D [/quote']

Uhhh... no rules on this either way. Perfectly in form to post a 'heads up' to an eBay auction that may be of interest to Epi forum people. You need to learn what 'spam' is.

Gorgeous guitar, oakesy, good luck with your auction.

You need to learn what 'spam' is.

An unsolicited' date=' unpaid advertisement in email or on a forum? I guess I [i']don't[/i] know what it is. But I still stand by the poor netiquette part of it. On forums having a fairly consistent group of regulars, when one wants to sell something, it is nice to offer it to the group before putting it on ebay. By putting it on ebay and then announcing its presence there, one is only inviting the group members to bid against the rest of the world for that item, i.e., to drive the bidding higher. Most forums don't have rules forbidding this, but it might be a good idea to have a separate subforum for sales. Most of the photography groups I have frequented limit the selling of personal items to one day a week (Fridays seem to be a favorite), and an asking price is generally given to the group (or an asking price/best offer).

Uhhh... no rules on this either way. Perfectly in form to post a 'heads up' to an eBay auction that may be of interest to Epi forum people. You need to learn what 'spam' is.

Gorgeous guitar' date=' oakesy, good luck with your auction.[/quote']

Amen to that!

Archived