Gibson Brands Forums

How to tell if you are playing enough

The New Orleans Jazz Fest 2008 ended this weekend. Carlos Santana was one of the performers. He hasn't been playing the PRS Santana all that long (he was hot stuff in southern California in 1968), but his PRS axe had the finish worn down to the wood...around the knobs!

And I probably should have included Lonnie Mack on the list of underrated guitarists. He is still playing the crazy Gibson Flying V nearly half a century later. I assume that he's had it refinished once or twice.

Lonnie was so hot.. but he just didn't get the airplay he deserved... always seemed a guitarists guitar player.. with not enough fans.

But the fans he had..hardcore!

I know when I'm not playing enough.. cause I suck.

so if you sound like me, even if your guitar is worn, you suck. play more!

TWANG

I have a 91 AM Strat that I have worn the finish off in spots. I guess it works for me. I am really having a hard time this week. Been stuck on a job in Spokane without a guitar to play for the last 9 days. Normally I play for at least an hour a day no matter what. More on the weekends when I have time to mess around. Leaving for home tomorrow. Can't wait to get back.

Well' date=' I'll have to watch that, I guess.

I keep forgetting we have all these "Beatles"

authorities, here. LOL!! Hey, that's cool!

Accuracy is good!

CB[/quote']

You have to remember the cockney CB, you know that !

So' date=' John...did you change the bridge on your Samick Sheri...it looks like a tune-o-matic, and not

that wider version, that I usually see. Fess up, Bro!

CB[/quote']

You got me man you must have esp ! The pic on my avatar is a newer EE I think, but I did replace the bridge on my 95 with a gold tom with gold saddles. Damn, you're good ! I gave up with pics I take for the avatar, I'm no photographer.

So long as I maintain enough callus that I can't feel the lance from my diabetes tester.

Actually' date=' its more likely to work the other way round. I know I'm playing enough because when I wake up, my fingers ALREADY feel like I've done my blood test.

[/quote']

You too, huh? Man, it's an epidemic! But, as long as I don't have to jam my fretting fingers,

I'm cool!

CB

Charlie the "Blisters" quote was reportedly from Ringo. I may be wrong but I thought I read that in one of my books.

Yep, it was Ringo, at the end of Helter Skelter. I thought for sure that it was John, and I thought it referred to the playground slide itself. Apparently, the noise making for that song went so long, Ringo's fingers wore out.

masturbation is less important than guitar playing you guys!

......and you wouldn't want to wear the finish off your........

I really haven't played enough. It took over 35 years to wear the frets on my Yamaha acoustic to the point of near-unplayability.

If we're halfway thru a song and I notice that the bass player is looking at me all crazy like' date=' then I know that I haven't been practicing enough!!![/quote']

LOL! Yeah, most of them are "frustrated" lead guitarists...or, NOT! ;>) (Oh, and...shhhhhh...we're losing posts, again.) :>(

CB

Archived