Gibson Brands Forums

Adjusting Action on a Epiphone ES-175

bp171

Hi,

I am the proud owner of a new beautiful Epi es-175! I love the guitar, but I find that the action is a little low for my taste. Could someone let me know which way I should turn the thumbwheels on the bridge to raise the action a bit? (for orientation, I will be sitting with the guitar as I would be playing it, while I adjust the wheels at the bridge).

Thanks for any help!!

Take care

Mark

Hi' date='

I am the proud owner of a new beautiful Epi es-175! I love the guitar, but I find that the action is a little low for my taste. Could someone let me know which way I should turn the thumbwheels on the bridge to raise the action a bit? (for orientation, I will be sitting with the guitar as I would be playing it, while I adjust the wheels at the bridge).

Thanks for any help!!

Take care

Mark[/quote']

HNGD, and Welcome to the forum.. alot of experience here and great people. Just enjoy yourself, contribute and don't be afraid to ask.

It is counterclockwise but how is the rest of the guitar setup ?, the bridge adjustment may not be your only issue. If you raise the strings too much you may need to adjust the pickups, and so on. Alot of individuals or companies say they set up guitars but really don't. You may want to invest in a professional setup where the person will go over it with you to help you understand the how to and the relationship of one component to the other.

Good luck bro, great guitar I might just have to get one soon, I've been thinking about it!

thanks! It seems as though the rest of the guitar is set up very well... Stays in tune, sounds great and fits me like a glove... This guitar was pretty much 100% right off the wall for me... I think the action seems a little low because the foam was removed from under the bridge and the bridge wasn't raised up enough after to compensate...

If you're thinking about getting an es-175, I would certainly reccomend it!

Thanks!

Mark

Archived