Gibson Brands Forums

I just bought a new Epiphone G400!

dcooper830

WOW!

Today I just picked up an Epi G400 (EE0712xxxx).

It's absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Stays in tune GREAT. Action is perfect!! Not too neck heavy. Stock pickups sound awesome! Neck is very stable.

I was not intending on buying a guitar today.... but when I played around on this thing, it was so GREAT I had to have it!!

DSC03448.jpg

DSC03450.jpg

DSC03455.jpg

DSC03454.jpg

Sweet looking guitar. I have an ebony G-400 and love it as well! Plays like a dream. I did scuff the high gloss finish off the back of the neck so that it plays smoother now.

You mentioned that the neck isn't too heavy, but that's my one main gripe with this guitar. Overall the guitar is fairly lightweight, but the neck is heavy compared to the body. When I'm playing (standing up at least) I need to pin the guitar to my body with my strumming forearm so that I don't need to support the neck with my fretting hand -- and this even with a wide leather strap.

Sweet looking guitar. I have an ebony G-400 and love it as well! Plays like a dream. I did scuff the high gloss finish off the back of the neck so that it plays smoother now.

You mentioned that the neck isn't too heavy' date=' but that's my one main gripe with this guitar. Overall the guitar is fairly lightweight, but the neck is heavy compared to the body. When I'm playing (standing up at least) I need to pin the guitar to my body with my strumming forearm so that I don't need to support the neck with my fretting hand -- and this even with a wide leather strap.[/quote']

Yeah... that's one thing I made sure of before I bought it. I checked to see if it was neck heavy.

It is a little bit....... but not too bad at all. It doesn't point to the floor as soon as I let go of the neck.

Folks, here's the fix for the SG neck drop- get a good leather strap by Levys and wear it so that the thin section of the strap is fastned to the butt of the SG. The wide strap section will now come over your left shoulder. This positively stops the SG from doing the head stock dive bomb routine.

I don't blame you a bit for not being able to resist that guitar. No wonder Epiphone stopped making the Elitist SG...this model is about as beautiful as one could make it.

I had a Gibson SG bass back in the 60's, but it wasn't as gorgeous as your SG.

Folks' date=' here's the fix for the SG neck drop- get a good leather strap by Levys and wear it so that the thin section of the strap is fastned to the butt of the SG. The wide strap section will now come over your left shoulder. This positively stops the SG from doing the head stock dive bomb routine. [/quote']

I'll have to look at gettin' me one of those Levy's then. Thanks for the tip.

They are a little neck heavy,b ut that's the price you pay for the access in the upper register. The only way to even it out would be to make the body bigger or thicker and, I don't know about you, but I think they are a good compromise.

HNGD Coop!

Archived