Gibson Brands Forums

Printed vs Stamped Serial Number

pacho

My Dot Deluxe made in Qingdao (EE) has the serial number printed on the label that is visible inside the guitar body. It was made in 11/07. I have seen in this forum other guitars made in Qingdao, with the serial number stamped on the back of the headstock. I purchased the guitar at a GC store.

Does anyone know if this based on the model or a change in their process after a certain date?

Perhaps 13 is right...The heavy thickness of the paper label is bound to dampen sustain by robbing body vibrations, so naturally sustain will be affected, at the very least, by the position of the label! Move it up and down the neck, like a slide, and see what changes. Alternatively, I doubt that the type or color of ink on the label has any effect on tone...unless it clashes with the finish and upsets the guitar.

I thought 13's Pinnochio smiley face meant his statement was a deliberate lie, in other words...a joke. He's not ALL bad, TheX. I've noted that he has moved from "being" trying, to just "being". And this shows a sense of humor that absolutely MUST be guided if it's to be subtle, ferocious, understated, overpowering, classy, folksy, pointed, blunt as a 2x4 and yet, above all...funny! Come on, props where due and all that.

Perhaps 13 is right...The heavy thickness of the paper label is bound to dampen sustain by robbing body vibrations' date=' so naturally sustain will be affected, at the very least, by the position of the label! Move it up and down the neck, like a slide, and see what changes. Alternatively, I doubt that the type or color of ink on the label has any effect on tone...unless it clashes with the finish and upsets the guitar.

[/quote']

.......UMMMM...........Things that Steve Vai would say?????

That guy hears everything.

Archived