Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone jazz box with 3 P90's

JefferySmith

Zepher Blues Deluxe!

Yeah, been gone awhile, now. But, if you look around,

you can find them on E-bay, and even in some music

stores, as good "used" instruments. Might even find a new

(old stock), now and then. Great guitars! I especially liked

the "Natural" finished one, but the Sunburst was nice, too!

CB

Didn't Epiphone have a jazz box with three black P90 pickups on it? I know that the company pared down its offerings enormously last year (except for the Les Paul guitars). Was a 3-pickup jazz box one that got the axe?

The '63 Emperor had 3 p_ups but according to my book, it was offered with h-buckers.

Gibson had a 3 P90 jazz box (ES-5) which was just below the L5 in quality.

Epiphone made some of these and called them Blues Deluxe.

Peerless (which has built some of the best high-end Epis) also made a guitar similar to the ZBD for Sam Ash, labelled the Carlo Robelli ES500. Bigsby instead of a Frequensator, and a VERY nice guitar --- they turn up on eBay from time to time, almost as often as the Zephyr Blues Deluxe.

Here's mine:

RobellES500.jpg

Peerless (which has built some of the best high-end Epis) also made a guitar similar to the ZBD for Sam Ash' date=' labelled the Carlo Robelli ES500. Bigsby instead of a Frequensator, and a VERY nice guitar --- they turn up on eBay from time to time, almost as often as the Zephyr Blues Deluxe.

[/quote']

That looks nice parabar. I've taken in a couple of Carlo Robellis on trades and couldn't get rid of them fast enough. They were absolute junk. I don't know who made them though.

Yeah' date=' I KNOW!! Want list VS "expendable income" is a frustration situation, for sure!

But, maybe I live vicariously, through the more well healed of us? LOL!

CB[/quote']

Definitely one of my biggest problems CB !

I would love to see the ZBD offered again. I played a buddy's Dean Palomino over the weekend and it was a nice guitar but not quite the quality I believe Epi produces. Thereby the $400+ plus price on the palominos.

Archived