Gibson Brands Forums

ok, this epiphone ace frehley doesnt look right

sdgails

With all of the guitar scams coming out of China, I don't even consider buying off ebay unless it is one of a handful of trusted sellers. You really can't rely on the seller being an American (in America) since some of them have gotten these fakes and are reselling them. It would be good if we could get together some sort of list of honest ebay guitar dealers (ones who sell lots of guitars). I've had good luck with warpdrivemusic (bought a Gretsch and a Washburn from them).

I emailed Ebay and tried to report this to EBay as a fake item and the auction ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290226510569&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019 ) went to the end..

I emailed the buyer and asked him to email me once he got the guitar that it might be fake.

Now you've posted the relisted guitar that I thought was fake...

If we all emailed Ebay that this is a fake, maybe they'll do something.

If we all emailed Ebay that this is a fake' date=' maybe they'll do something.[/quote']

Good initiative Eracer... but I expect fake Epis to be put on Ebay every day...what to do with those? We can't monitor them all.

Maybe Epiphone could hire Rambo and have him blow up the fake production facilities...or maybe not.8-[

That has to be the worst copy I've ever seen! Along with the previously mentioned crooked tuners and incorrect paint job, The pickup rings aren't straight either!

So far 18 people have bid on this piece of #$%^.

I can't believe ebay still has this up.

Has anyone checked w/ Epiphone to see if this is a fake? This guitar is coming from Canada not China and he or she is using the Epiphone Copyright logo. I would say if you contacted e-bay and they have not pull the auction then they have already checked it out and found it to be legit? Before you make a claim on e-bay you should always contact the company, instead of trying to interfere w/ international trade on e-bay.I dont know if this guitar is for real or not but always do your research before you buy, looks like quite a few buyers are interested in this guitar, and their going to buy even if the guitar was made on mars by satan!

Pafhead, look - I have an Epiphone logo in my signature. Now, by the power invested in me by the logo, I tell we've already concluded (by wise people) that it's a fake.

Besides,

a) It's not coming from Canada, the dealer says so.

](*,) The picture represents a guitar that is obviously a counterfeit

c) I'd rather bid on the guitar made on Mars by Satan himself

Ok if you say its a fake but e-bay as of yet dont agree w/ you at least not as of yet. The only reason why i commented is im not so quick to judge all guitars that dont look right to me to call them a fake.If your in sales or part of the Epiphone org. i would have to say your correct and would side w/ you, but as of yet the jury is out.

OK, Let's just look at the obvious:

AF only come in cherry burst and some in black. This one is tobacco burst.

The tuners are not straight. The "G" string looks especially bad..

The pickups are not straight.

The AF picture in the headstock is too dark.

The binding is the wrong color.

The "Epiphone" logo looks weird.

It is shipping from China, not canada. Epi's are sold through authorized dealers. They ship from warehouses in North America, not china. the 14 days shipping time is a dead giveaway.

I just listed 7 "funny" things about this listing. Take from it what you will. I would defer to the more experienced experts here every time, but this looks fishey to me.

Archived