Gibson Brands Forums

Adding an advanced keyword topic search: Will it improve this forum?

Steven Lister

IN ANOTHER THREAD, EPIPHONE"S MODERATOR SAID: "We're in the midst of upgrading the forum software and working out any bugs that pop up, so please let us know if you're having any problems posting or using any of the forum tools and we'll look into it. Thanks!"

My suggestion is to add an advanced keyword topic search functions to better define searches by:

1. specifying the number of days back

2. searching posts topic but not threads and/or vice versa

3. seeking some words and omiting others

4. maybe other advanced search type tools? (what are your suggestions?)

Here are my reasons.

Faster than twelve monkeys in a ten cat house this forum has grown to thousands of topics (since early 2008). Epiphone wants us to read prior topics before posting to avoid duplication. But since many of us do not visit this forum every day. If we log in after a 5-10 day away period (frequently for me) we must sort through page after page of topics not of interest (at least that day). This takes more time than many of us have or want to spend on a web forum.

PLEASE ADD AN ADVANCED TOPIC KEYWORD SEARCH FUNCTION/BOX TO EACH AREA!

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-" (if/when/as-soon-as I find the topics that interest me so I can go back to playing my EPIs)

Not quite sure what you are on about... there IS a search function and it DOES search topics as well as the posts.

You are correct and as you pointed out in a previous thread, if you do a keyword search and you find it you can click on the "topic" that the word is in and read the entire thread.........J

... some kind of Advanced search where you could use keywords in the subject and/or message and exclude other keywords. The more tools we have to narrow down the undesired hits' date=' the better searching experience we will have.[/quote']

Thanks "Notes" for an assist that adds clarity. Exactly what I had in mind, but realize now that I wasn't quite clear enough =D> at the late after-hour when I posted the poll.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

How about just using Google?

Unless I'm not using google correctly (I'm not a computer whiz by any means) then the main problems with it for me are that I cannot limit my search to the Epiphone forum and I have to leave the Epiphone forum to do a search...' date=' it's too inconvenient.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Archived