Gibson Brands Forums

They should make an Supernova Elitist (Sheridan II)

jfalkens

Just watching some Oasis videos on YouTube. I wonder if there would be a market for these again. I see the Union Jack one fetch around $1000 on eBay.

Noel Gallagher played a dark brown (or black), metallic silver, and a Union Jack one.

But' date=' weren't those based more on a Riviera...only with split parallelogram

position markers (like the ES-345)? And, a different pickup switch location,

on the upper bout, like a Les Paul...

CB[/quote']

I always thought that Noel's wife had his Sheridan II painted in the Union Jack for his birthday or something. Plus his Union Jack was way different than the signature model.

Penny.jpg

thereandthen013xf.jpg

Look at the headstock

Both Paul Arthurs and Noel Gallagher played Supernovas. I hardly beleive that they toured sold-out stadiums using Korean-made Epis (no offense), but they are hardly built for the road.

The white pickup screams "Riviera", but the pups don't look small enough.

I usually want my guitars and my guns to be aesthetically-pleasing. That model is sort of like shooting a Glock painted like a flag.

Don't flame me guys, but Epiphone and its wannabes are beautiful instruments, and the Fenders and Rickenbackers are...instruments. Gretsch is fine when it doesn't use PAINT. My Double Anniversary was purchased for sentimental reasons, and I sort of like the Bamboo Yellow. But it isn't a work of art.

The white pickup screams "Riviera"' date=' but the pups don't look small enough.

I usually want my guitars and my guns to be aesthetically-pleasing. That model is sort of like shooting a Glock painted like a flag.

Don't flame me guys, but Epiphone and its wannabes are beautiful instruments, and the Fenders and Rickenbackers are...instruments. Gretsch is fine when it doesn't use PAINT. My Double Anniversary was purchased for sentimental reasons, and I sort of like the Bamboo Yellow. But it isn't a work of art. [/quote']

The original Union Jack guitar was a Matsumoku-made Japanese Sheraton from the early 80's..and since all but a few dozen remaining hard core Oasis fans have grown up and moved on (perhaps a slight exaggeration lol), I highly doubt Epiphone would chance even the re-tooling costs to bring out a new Oasis-based model at any level....maybe in ten years when they're really has-beens Epiphone will sign Mrs Gallagher's two missed periods back up as endorsers but as they say, their fifteen minutes are pretty much over. I was in the UK in '99'/'00 and Oasis was still quite happening there but what I don't understand is why they made it pretty big here in the USA but the Manic Street Preachers (whom I saw and whose music I was introduced to while there), who had ten times the talent and relevance that Oasis ever had, never made a dent here?.., I was told the Manics are currently touring and doing quite well so maybe there's still a time and place for them in the USA...it's a strange business.

...and Al's your uncle

=I highly doubt Epiphone would chance even the re-tooling costs to bring out a new Oasis-based model at any level....

Ya' date=' you're probably right. They need to concentrate on quality Emily the Strange guitars. Or probably the [i']LEGENDARY ROCK ICON OF ALL TIME[/i] Nick Valensi models.

im glad you know the numbers for the spice girls.....do you own all of the action figures too?

Maybe I do...but that isn't any worse than you having Noel's poster over your bed so you can look in his dreamy eyes as you play under the covers...oh, and again, the Epiphone SuperNovas aren't any higher quality (or really much different) than a standard Riviera despite what the delusional Oasis fans would like to believe..

...and Al's your uncle.

lol, you having a bad day AL?. What did your parents do to you as a kid? So much hate and anger. sorry your band never made it. sorry you stink at making music. go hate yourself, not other musicians. By the way, Oasis is playing in seattle in august. If you want ill get you a ticket, ill put you in the nosebleed section so that you dont bother anyone and get thrown out!!!! cheers!!!!

AND NOEL'S YOUR DADDY

... the Manic Street Preachers (whom I saw and whose music I was introduced to while there)' date=' who had ten times the talent and relevance that Oasis ever had, never made a dent here?[/quote']

Wow. If the Manics have 10X the talent of Oasis, the Gallagher bros. must be really - and I mean really - er... untalented.

lol' date=' you having a bad day AL?. What did your parents do to you as a kid? So much hate and anger. sorry your band never made it. sorry you stink at making music. go hate yourself, not other musicians. By the way, Oasis is playing in seattle in august. If you want ill get you a ticket, ill put you in the nosebleed section so that you dont bother anyone and get thrown out!!!! cheers!!!!

AND NOEL'S YOUR DADDY[/quote']

..no, but he could be yours...

Geri_times.jpg

Here's what I want wrapped in my union flag...oh, and enjoy the show and be sure to take a change of underwear...you should be able to get great seats...I doubt there's much demand for tickets...

...and Al's your uncle

..no' date=' but he could be yours...

[img']http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk108/MrGregzy/Geri_times.jpg[/img]

Here's what I want wrapped in my union flag...oh, and enjoy the show and be sure to take a change of underwear...you should be able to get great seats...I doubt there's much demand for tickets...

...and Al's your uncle

I like your idea of the Union Jack better Al, neither the guitar or Gallagher did anything for me.

I like your idea of the Union Jack better Al' date=' neither the guitar or Gallagher did anything for me.[/quote']

I must admit I agree Gallagher can't play his way out of a wet paper bag IMHO and Oasis was just a right time right place kind of band nothing really special going on there! We don't need a cheap Epi hollowbody reissue with a union jack on it to commemrate that!

I must admit I agree Gallagher can't play his way out of a wet paper bag IMHO and Oasis was just a right time right place kind of band nothing really special going on there! We don't need a cheap Epi hollowbody reissue with a union jack on it to commemrate that!

I can't even take Oasis seriously and just because they sell records and concert seats means nothing. Hannah Montana does that...and I'd think that her and Oasis would have an overlapping fan base...what's sad is when supposedly grown men can't recognize what a bunch of talentless wankers Oasis are and go so far as to emulate them buying signature guitars that aren't even close to the actual guitar they're supposed to be a copy of...and then Oasis says they don't use Epiphones because they're poor men's Gibsons and now they're rich so they can buy the real Gibsons...some day these guys will hopefully grow up and this Oasis thing will be an embarassment...well, at least one would hope that will happen...in all honesty and completely seriously I'd rather see the Spice Girls than Oasis.

...and Al's your uncle...and he's already lived through Badfinger, The Raspberries and a lot of other bands who wished they were the Beatles

I can't even take Oasis seriously and just because they sell records and concert seats means nothing. Hannah Montana does that...and I'd think that her and Oasis would have an overlapping fan base...what's sad is when supposedly grown men can't recognize what a bunch of talentless wankers Oasis are and go so far as to emulate them buying signature guitars that aren't even close to the actual guitar they're supposed to be a copy of...and then Oasis says they don't use Epiphones because they're poor men's Gibsons and now they're rich so they can buy the real Gibsons...some day these guys will hopefully grow up and this Oasis thing will be an embarassment...well' date=' at least one would hope that will happen...in all honesty and completely seriously I'd rather see the Spice Girls than Oasis.

...and Al's your uncle...and he's already lived through Badfinger, The Raspberries and a lot of other bands who wished they were the Beatles[/quote']

Hey... I like a couple Badfinger tunes! At least they had Paul as a producer and he generally doesn't lend his name to sh!t! But I agree with you on Oasis.. it sounds like your a closet Spice Girls fan to me??? Tell us what you want...what you really really want....LOL

Its funny how people dog bands they dont get or like. IT'S a shame.You like the beatles? me too. that s good. Paul mcartney said one of his fav songs is "slide away" by oasis.The supernova guitar was sold for 9 years under epiphone. WOW....can you think of a signature guitar by epi for that long....joe pass,...

The fact is that noel gallagher made epiphone alot of money when he played these epi semis. Ask epiphone how much money they made. If you dont like oasis, thats cool. Why be critical of a musician. Noel is a better player than some give him credit for, hes more of a songwriter. Oasis is one of the biggest bands in the world except where the corporate media in the usa is. They are headlining the Virgin 2 day music fest in toronto this year with foo fighters. Didnt know that huh? Its because you live in the USA-where avenged sevenfold AND greenday rule. nuff said

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IwaaqBbs-Lw

AND NOEL'S YOUR DADDY

Its funny how people dog bands they dont get or like. IT'S a shame.You like the beatles? me too. that s good. Paul mcartney said one of his fav songs is "slide away" by oasis.The supernova guitar was sold for 9 years under epiphone. WOW....can you think of a signature guitar by epi for that long....joe pass' date='...

The fact is that noel gallagher made epiphone alot of money when he played these epi semis. Ask epiphone how much money they made. If you dont like oasis, thats cool. Why be critical of a musician. Noel is a better player than some give him credit for, hes more of a songwriter. Oasis is one of the biggest bands in the world except where the corporate media in the usa is. They are headlining the Virgin 2 day music fest in toronto this year with foo fighters. Didnt know that huh? Its because you live in the USA-where avenged sevenfold AND greenday rule. nuff said

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IwaaqBbs-Lw

AND NOEL'S YOUR DADDY[/quote']

I'm not knocking Oasis because I "don't like them"........I really don't think there is a musician in the band quite frankly and making money doesn't define musicianship! That's the point you seem to be missing. I could care less about the shows that they are doing or ticket sales....BTW I think the Foo Fighters absolutely SUCK too! Why be critical of a musician?...Well they put themselves out there to be listened to and it's part of the game. Becker and Fagen are songwriters too,but they also happen to be top shelf musicians as well.....what's wrong with expecting that level of excellence from people who call themselves musicians and sell their work?

I guess you think the KINKS suck too? One of my favs. not great technically, but they put some great tunes in your head dont they? I respect musicians such as malmstineng?,stevie vai, cant listen to it for long. Rock music is all about the tunes baby! I personally not to keen on steely dan--but to each his own. I dont believe in bashing musicians. I would give my right arm to come up with a top ten rock song. Usually the people that do like to make themselves feel better about their own musical skills and failed bands. I find music to be for the listener, to each his or her own.

Honestly we could go round and round about Bands and it's pointless really....back to the question about the demand, or lack there of, for a Noel G. Epi......I don't think that they would do all that well now in light of the fact that Noel trashed Epiphone since he can now play Gibson's. On the other hand it's a cool look on a cheap guitar so who knows? Maybe MF should try it as a guitar of the month or something as a test run.

Archived