Gibson Brands Forums

parts database

TWANG

No matter who I talk to the reply is the same.

Epis have so many manus, the suppliers can't know for sure what's on them.

Or what they have that will fit.

I'm getting tired already of returns.. and so should anyone else.

So..

I was thinking.. why can't we create a database in here..

That is, I'll certainly copy it.

If you've bought a bridge or tailpiece replacement for your epi,

list it's part number and what model you have..

same with tuners.

Most pups will fit ok... I haven't had any hassle there.

But bridge tail for sure..

And I'll keep that in a file so if anyone asks we'll have a quick answer.

A sticky thread would great.. something that appeared at the top of the forum everytime.

But I don't know if epi forum will go along with that.

They should!

they know darn well epis get modded all the time and they should know how difficult it is it get replacement parts that fit correctly.

So. if anyone wants to add something.. take a look at your reciepts, etc.. and list supplier, part no. and model of guitar..preferably by year or factory..

we'd all have the information we need and want without all this calling and emailing and googling for little or poor result.

Excellent idea, sir :- I have nothing to contribute as of yet, as the onlything I've changed is my strings...heh

Yeah, a sticky would be right nice considering, as you said, the amount of upgrading/modding of Epis that does go on.... !!!!

Good idea! Here's my info . . .

The Gotoh 1511-N TOM bridge as listed on Stewmac.com is a direct replacement for the Epiphone Dot bridge.

The supplied posts thread properly in the Epi bushings, so no need to pull and replace those.

The saddles are rock solid, no rattles. Huge improvement!

Yes, this would be alot easier than learning the "hard way". I hate having to return stuff , waste of time and $$.

1994 Korean Samick Factory Sheraton:

Grover Full Size Rotomatic Tuners - Direct Replacement

Tusq Epihone Nut - PQ-6060-00 (requires light sanding on bottom and sides to fine tune fit)

Schaller Strap Locks

GFS "Vintage 59" Humbuckers - Direct Replacement

"NO Go's"

Currently available Metric Bridge and Stopbar- Gotoh, TonePros, etc. - Requries modification of guitar top to widen distance between studs.

This is a truly great idea. I had to do some searches on this forum to find the parts for my Gold Top. This would be helpful for newbies and regulars alike.

Good idea! Here's my info . . .

The Gotoh 1511-N TOM bridge as listed on Stewmac.com is a direct replacement for the Epiphone Dot bridge.

The supplied posts thread properly in the Epi bushings' date=' so no need to pull and replace those.

The saddles are rock solid, no rattles. Huge improvement![/quote']

The Gotoh bridge Chordslinger got is also a direct drop-in on the '56 Gold Top.

I replaced the stock Grover Rotomatic tuners with Grover Vintage Keystone Tuners. No drilling required and they look sweet!

New Graph Tech product. Replacement Tone Pros style bridge "pre-loaded" with String Saver saddles. Part #: PS-8561-N0 (use suffix NO for nickel; BO for black; GO for gold; CO for chrome).

Grover Deluxe "Keystone" tuners in nickel. StewMac part # 3754 (3754-G for gold).

Fits Epi Dots.

keep it coming guys.. and keep the thread alive.. I'll collect all and I'll keep it on file..

I'll also post the whole thing under another header so anyone can copy out the parts they need..

I'll list part numbers sources and prices as much as I can, too..

!!

hmmmmmm i seem to remember somewhere back in the not to distant past some saying some about a data base (not for parts ) but got the brush off this question has been answered a million times go away son im keeping score O:)

Without the off topic banter, more specific topic-titles and extensive search-options, this forum would make a formidable database! But it is what it is.

I'm not database savvy myself, but would it be possible to make it an online extension of the Guitar-Dater-project?

Step 1: Select Search Criteria: By "Guitar model", "Year made", "Upgrade part", "Upgrade brand"

Select a "Guitar Model":

[Les Paul Custom]

[Les Paul Standard]

Select "Year made":

[2004]

[2005]

Select a "Upgrade part":

[Pickups]

[bridge]

Select an "Upgrade brand":

[seymour Duncan]

[Gotoh]

Step 2: Click Search report...

pretty good thinkin ricochet. that would be way good.

I've got some information to add myself as soon as I get time for it..

I'm trying to include tips on installation as well..

lots of problems there that sharing can lessen!

if you wonder what the replacement bridge tail for samick factory sheratons is like.. here are some pictures that tell the tail.

two things.. the new tail studs, into the body, are too tall. and not gold topped so use the old ones. fit better, look better.

the bolts on the new bridge have a slightly thicker piece between the stud top and the bridge bottom.. this MAY cause some action problems.

the cure there would be to deepen the studs a tick.

I would do that for the bridge studs, but the tail studs are too tall in my opinion, and there's no sense changing wood when the old ones look better anyway.

AAstuds2close.jpg

AAstudsfit.jpg

AAallon1.jpg

Archived