Gibson Brands Forums

Epi LP Studio- EMG?

ChrisG306

Does anyone use EMG pickups in the Epis? I got a really killer deal on a set that are all prewired and came out of the same guitar. I know I don't see a lot of talk on here about active setups but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on the combo.

Why not? While I'm not a big EMG devotee by any means I'm sure they'll be an improvement over the stock pickups. You might even be able to get the battery into the control cavity without needing to do any routing.

Does anyone use EMG pickups in the Epis? I got a really killer deal on a set that are all prewired and came out of the same guitar. I know I don't see a lot of talk on here about active setups but wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on the combo.

I had a Epi LP Custom Midnight with EMGs 81/85. And another guitar that was fitted with EMGs 85/S/S. I think EMGs particularly shine at Hi-gain sounds.

The Midnight had a controls-backplate that conveniently fitted the battery. No seperate battery-routing. See if you can make it part of the deal.

Archived