Gibson Brands Forums

JG's was prettier...but here's my sheraton

Coincidentally, I just finished work on my sheraton too.

Installed GFS mean 90's, new pots, switch, jack and caps. Also buffed out all the gold from the hardware.

Wiring was hell. It being my first time rewiring a guitar didn't help any. And it's got some kinks I need to work out. Needs a new bridge too, but the stock one will do.

Pickups sound great, brighter but not harsh and biting, response to picking dynamics are awesome too, downside is you can hear my sloppy playing. They do get pretty noisy in mid-high gain situations though. Some said it was just interference and a natural thing with single coils so I haven't touched it yet. Might be a grounding issue as hum gets more pronounced when I'm not touching the strings, bridge, etc. Middle/hum-cancelling position doesn't help all that much too. I don't really know. Again this is with high gain, fairly quiet when clean.

Anyway, here's my samick sheraton...

IMG_0633.jpg

A more accurate representation of the color, she's a bit more orange-y yellow.

Shery.jpg

You used tape to intonate the B-string? :-k

Haha...yeah I broke the saddle of the b string and tape was the only temporary thing that worked so far, I used epoxy to hold it together but it ended up coming apart when i screwed it in, solder didn't work 'cause then the screw wouldn't fit and it wouldn't fit in the slot. Oh well, it'll do 'til I get a new bridge.

Hey Man! looks great! Hope you enjoy it!=D>

Have an awesome weekend!

Thanks man' date=' likewise.

Great looking Sherry. Man' date=' I bet rewiring that thing was a pain with such small F-Holes. It looks great, nice blonde.[/quote']

Thanks. It is, mini pots would be best. But believe it or not, I was able to squeeze in some full size alpha pots in her.

I hate jerrymac. I hate him I hate him I hate him.

ok.

no I don't.

I love his guitar.

both of these look really good.. so congrats.

I like that sunburst though.. I'd love to have one for boyfriend for my Blondy.

I hate jerrymac. I hate him I hate him I hate him.

ok.

no I don't.

I love his guitar.

both of these look really good.. so congrats.

I like that sunburst though.. I'd love to have one for boyfriend for my Blondy.

Kentrons!!!

here's mine, all dirty. didn't get the new tuners in this shot.. and haven't put on the new bridge/tail yet.. will do that tonight.. but in the meantime..

blondy and dexter.. with the lp studio way on the left almost off camera.

exetorblondy.jpg

here's mine' date=' all dirty. didn't get the new tuners in this shot.. and haven't put on the new bridge/tail yet.. will do that tonight.. but in the meantime..

blondy and dexter.. with the lp studio way on the left almost off camera.

[img']http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/TWANGthang/exetorblondy.jpg[/img]

WHat's that epi amp?

WHo's the pic of?

the epi is my recently almost finished epiphone valve junior.

turret board build. new OT. added a tone control, gain control, three way negative feedback resistor, conjunctive filter, standby, rear

mounted fuse, then I redid the front panel with a screen like the back panel for better cooling..

almost finished because I haven't put the efx loop in yet, just the jack.

I've got a combo and another head to do yet. I'll ebay them most likely, so I can do some more. *G*

here's blondy getting her new bridge/tail today

AAallon1.jpg

The picture is Exetor from the movie This Island Earth.. they all had white hair and giant foreheads.

the epi is my recently almost finished epiphone valve junior.

turret board build. new OT. added a tone control' date=' gain control, three way negative feedback resistor, conjunctive filter, standby, rear

mounted fuse, then I redid the front panel with a screen like the back panel for better cooling..

almost finished because I haven't put the efx loop in yet, just the jack.

I've got a combo and another head to do yet. I'll ebay them most likely, so I can do some more. *G*

here's blondy getting her new bridge/tail today

[img']http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/TWANGthang/AAallon1.jpg[/img]

The picture is Exetor from the movie This Island Earth.. they all had white hair and giant foreheads.

Nice work! I'd love to play around with that soem time.

got a prob with my tone control.. way too bright.. so I guess I'll go in and mess about a bit.

Really nice amps when modded though.. just crushingly good tone, and now you can even keep the stock OT so it's not expensive to

build one up.

I have to say, except for gross amounts of volume, these will give you great tone at about 1/3rd what it ought to cost for that.

Not very gigable for a lot of people who have have those A/B giant watts..

and I love doing them!

TWANG

Archived