Gibson Brands Forums

attenuators, headphones and a valve junior

My headphones, Grado Labs SR60s, have an impedence rating of 32 ohms. I believe that to be industry standard for guitar/hi fi reproduction. Checking yours is your first step.

Step two: Does your Weber attenuator allow you to select the ohm amount that it sends back to the amp? If it does, then you should be able to use your headphones safely. (My Tube Cube vvr has a slider switch to select the ohm rating fed back to the amp 4/8/16 for VJr.) Otherwise, I would say you are likely to blow either the amp OT or burn out the headphone coils.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

My headphones' date=' Grado Labs SR60s, have an impedence rating of [u']32 ohms[/u]. I believe that to be industry standard for guitar/hi fi reproduction. Checking yours is your first step.

Step two: Does your Weber attenuator allow you to select the ohm amount that it sends back to the amp? If it does, then you should be able to use your headphones safely. (My Tube Cube vvr has a slider switch to select the ohm rating fed back to the amp 4/8/16 for VJr.) Otherwise, I would say you are likely to blow either the amp OT or burn out the headphone coils.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

no thats not true. ted weber got back to me after I made this post, and he said that this would be fine. the micro mass seems to match impedances, it is rated for 4 8 or 16 ohms with no switches and just three jacks (one is a line out)

Yup thats correct...with the Weber Mass attenuators you actually do have a speaker connected(well the coil portion anyway) even with no external speaker plugged in the amp sees a load.

which is an unseen bonus for me cause now I can plug the 8 ohm super champ XD i want into my 16 ohm epi cab via the attenuator... cant wait to hear that... though I guess the impedance matching wont work with the switch in "bypass" would it?

Archived