Gibson Brands Forums

"Bluesstringer" is in the hospital....

Thank God you'll still be able to after all the stuff I just read you been through. Glad to hear things are getting better and are at home......prayers still coming your way to make sure things keep getting better.

Thanks bro, you have no idea how much that is appreciated!

bluesstringer

Very sorry to hear !!!

WOW,nothing to mess with for sure,follow the doctors orders and meds he wants you on...

Glad to hear your home resting ??? like the rest of us ,ya i know hard to do

Take the time till your better .

Bruce

aka Rockin_Dude

Only got about a second of energy but want to send out to all a big thank you for all the words' date=' thoughts and prayers. and a special "Thanks "bro to CB for posting this thread and all the support as always. Typing this alone will cause a several hour nap so long story short (LSS).................

Cardiac Cath + 4 blocked arteries, = angioplasty 2 stinted arteries, in recovery had a huge blood clot went to emergency surgery to cut out clot and repair artery - 11.5 inches, another hour later - stopped breathing and was on a ventilator for the next ten hours, the next several days in intensive care and came home late last night.

I'll be building up strength, Docs were clear I never should have survived the incidents from recovery on, so I'll be on and off when I'm up to it. I miss you all, thanks again and CB, I'll try to muster enough energy to see If i can't get 'em to at least lock something soon LOL !

See ya - John [/quote']

Shhheeesh the lengths some people will go to get to kick back and laze out..hope you're feeling better real soon. Take care.

Bluesstringer, Wow man; sounds like you almost bought the farm. Glad to see you made it through. Gotta know that the man upstairs (I won't use the "G" word...threw someone into a frenzy the other day [-( ) was listening to all our prayers for you :-k . Especially CB's. He's been a virtual monitor! LOL!!! Just take it easy bro'. I went through a catastrophic episode almost 12 years ago. Docs told me the same thing, that I was lucky to be alive. Believe me, I know it.:-k So either he still has plans for us, or we're not ready to go yet. It took me a while before I could play guitar again, but I'm thankful that I still can. One of the few pleasures there is in life, not to mention a few others. Well rest up and keep us posted as to your recovery.

Bluesstringer, hope everything goes well from this point. Sounds like you had quite an ordeal. The worst is over and we'll be looking for you back on the forum as soon as you get your strength back. Looks like the Docs will have you walking every day...not sitting down and playing blues...of course, you can always play standing up..isn't that exercise?

Welcome back...Take it "Slow And Easy Blues". You've been blessed with more time. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery...........J

Slow And Easy Blues. (Key of E) John Lee Hooker style (Still working on other verses. Need help from others..)

Verse:

Woke up this morning, holdin' my heart in my hand

My Doctor told me, take it easy before playing with the band

I'll follow directions, I guess I have to choose

Before I can get back to playing Slow And Easy Blues

Chorus:

But I'm still breathin'......Yeah....Doin' 'best I can

Oh, I'm still breathin'....And ya' know I'm thankin' the Man

Welcome back...Take it "Slow And Easy Blues". You've been blessed with more time. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery...........J

Slow And Easy Blues. (Key of E) John Lee Hooker style (Still working on other verses. Need help from others..)

Verse:

Woke up this morning' date=' holdin' my heart in my hand

Chorus:

[/quote']

Thanks, Jepi, good advice as well as that of all the others. If you get help finishing this one, I promise it will be the first thing I play in a few days ! I definitely feel that I've earned this one !!!

Thanks guys ! Man' date=' I had no clue this kindo of stuff took so much out of you. They said I can't even think about driving for 2 weeks so I guess that should tell me something. Hopefully I'll be jumping in more and [/quote']

You may not be able to drive for a couple of weeks, but I bet dollars to donuts, that you'll be picking up a guitar

before then..just take it easy, this world needs all the bluesmen it can get!

Best wishes in a speedy recovery.

Shhheeesh the lengths some people will go to get to kick back and laze out..hope you're feeling better real soon. Take care.

Well at least he can watch the Penguins (on TV) make a comeback and take the Stanley Cup! O:)

I just can't understand what Lord Stanley's cup is doing in the USA...and they better not drink out of it...

that's a bad sign! It's as much Canadian as the Mars Expedition CanadaArm soil sampler.

Look at it positively. Even though you used up a couple of your nine lives the bastids didn't kill you off & when you heal up you'll be in a lot better shape than you were before.

Glad you made it through. Now quit eatin' those Fries.

Glad you made it through. Now quit eatin' those Fries.

LOL! Yeah, the "Good old American Diet!" ;>b What a Disaster, IT is! They say

the traditional (not modern "westernized") Japanese diet, is the healthiest in the world.

Do you like Sushi?! LOL! But, even with that, you have to watch the salt (soy sauce) and

fermented pickles, etc.

Anyway, Low Fat (No Fat) and low sodium (salt) will be a big help, no doubt.

Hang in there, bud!!

CB

Verse:

Woke up this morning' date=' holdin' my heart in my hand

Chorus:

[/quote']

2nd Verse"

Medication, easin' some of the pain

I may be dizzy, but thank God I know my name