Gibson Brands Forums

Dot

Dr_Blues

Well hi from a new commer to the site. I just had to register so that I can say that my new Dot (Her name is Lizzy) is the best guitar I have ever owned, having bought her yesterday, and drove the other half mad as I got up at 7am and put her down (the Dot - not my lady) at 4PM, whoa what a cool axe.

I have been down the Strat, Tele and LP road - but the Dot just seems to ooze blues when romamnced through an old Marshall Mosfett 100 - a pure BB King sound and jeez does jazz sound good.... Advice from d dude that has played for 30 years and been thrown out of more rock and blues bands than I can remember is..... get a Dot and just chill out!!!

For a mere 200 quid - the price blew me away as well, what can I say? She looses her cherry tonight in a blues bar and I just can't wait!!!!

Andy

Well hi from a new commer to the site. I just had to register so that I can say that my new Dot (Her name is Lizzy) is the best guitar I have ever owned' date=' having bought her yesterday, and drove the other half mad as I got up at 7am and put her down (the Dot - not my lady) at 4PM, whoa what a cool axe.

I have been down the Strat, Tele and LP road - but the Dot just seems to ooze blues when romamnced through an old Marshall Mosfett 100 - a pure BB King sound and jeez does jazz sound good.... Advice from d dude that has played for 30 years and been thrown out of more rock and blues bands than I can remember is..... get a Dot and just chill out!!!

For a mere 200 quid - the price blew me away as well, what can I say? She looses her cherry tonight in a blues bar and I just can't wait!!!!

Andy[/quote']

Ah, you've gotten the Epi bug. Tell your lady to get a part time job. There has to be a Les Paul or SG in your immediate future.

Welcome to the forum. For the most part, everyone here is very kind. If a fight does break out, ignore it. #-o

Welcome Andy!

I got my Ebony for €300, got a pair of GFS Mean 90s for it and I just love it. These days I play the Dot about half of the time and my two other Epiphones share the remaining time - I kind of feel sorry for both of them :-({|=

Archived