Gibson Brands Forums

Les paul Junior, SG junior, '57 Junior?

iansmitchell

I don't know exactly what you meant, but of all the Epiphone Juniors with a P90/P100/whatever that are still available I'd still pick the '57 Junior. The cheapos have bolt-on necks, the good old ones and new fancy models from Japan are just too hard to get.

Reality aside, a dream guitar like a 1954 Black Beauty (or a reissue) with a P90 in the bridge and 480 alnico-5 in the neck would be sweet too O:)

I had a '57 Les Paul Junior Reissue. It was an OK guitar, but I sold it because it wasn't what I wanted. (They are discontinued but, you can get on ebay for about $250-$350)

It had a P-100 stacked hum cancelling pickup. (Love the P90 sound more, though)

It had a SET NECK

It had Grover Tuners. Stayed in tune!

It was TV Yellow. It was too yellow for my taste. Worn Yellow would have been better (IMO)

Very well made guitar.

I love your DCs Spud. So' date=' on the black one, is the pot for tone? And then the volume is just at 100% all the time?

I've got a '57 Jr. and I really like it but I would love to have a DC.[/quote']

Other way around. Pot is volume, tone is always at 100% screaming.

Thanks. Going to have to pull those P-90s out soon; going to install the ones that are on my Epi LP Special. The ones in the DC are 1964-vintage Gibsons and as such they are going to find a home in a '65 SG.

I regret to this day not buying the 57' Reissue Jr., especially when they were $229 or so on MF and GC. Where the Gibson LP. Jr. is discontinued and out of stock (was $749), the Epi MIJ's are a GREAT alternative. Gibson open-book headstock, nitro finish, deosn't seem to have a veneer front or back. I'd like to get more info on the MIJ Epi LP Jr. as to what kind of mahogany they are made with. I'm gonna do some searchin'......

here's one on Ebay.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2007-Epiphone-Japan-Les-Paul-Jr-SC-P-90-SUNBURST_W0QQitemZ120267487541QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$699 brand new shipped with gig bag. Not bad at all, and not many people have these. Very unique for around here.

Archived