Gibson Brands Forums

red prophecy les paul

alcorn429

I was at my local guitar store today and they had a red prophecy les paul. I figured what the heck I'll try it since i play a good mix of rock, metal, classic rock, alternative, and blues. All I can say is wow. I loved the dirty finger pickups. I'm thinkin of seein how much they'll give me for my standard since its in like new condition and then just go for it.

yeah... i was thinkin about layin it away because i love my les paul standard for southern and classic rock but those dirty fingers are awesome for hard core riffs which are my favorite things to play. its also a beautiful peice.

I checked out a Prophecy Futura with the EMGs and my impression is that Dirty Fingers would have been a better idea. Probably just as hot but without the battery hassles.

How was the fingerboard edge on the Les Paul? It was kinda rough on the Futura I tried.

That is a very good price. I have five Epi's my most recent acquisition was a Les Paul Ultra. I have a 56 LP Reissue which is a great guitar.

I just bought a Gibby Les Paul Studio. The workmanship on the Gibby is not as good as the Epi's.

I am going to check out the new Epi. Renaissance Music here in Kingston carries all of the name brands. They probably have one or will very shortly.

Your brother is in a fine town.

Cheers

Archived