Gibson Brands Forums

Am I having a GAS attack?

uncle.shred

I'm new to forum. I just picked up a DR-500m at local Guitar Center. Managed to lowball down to 370 out the door after I told salesman they had refurbs online at MF for 359. It has the gloss top and it sounds great. But I really like the look of the AJ's and I'm wondering if anyone owns or has played both the DR-500m and the AJ-500r? I really like the bound headstock and gold tuners on AJ, but is it worth 100 or so bucks more? Any input would be appreciated.8-[

I own the AJ500M. Played both the R and the M and chose the M. Mine has chrome tuners. The R I tried had gold. Great guitars, both of them. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I have my rosewood fix in my OM-28, maybe that's why I chose the Mahogony.

John.

Binding and golden plate worth $100?

You gonna play it? Not especially.

or

You gonna look at it? Yeah,

Actually, since the golden plating is likely to wear off in thenear future (unless they've

corrected the problem) No.

I've got two Epi's, an AJ-500M Masterbilt, and a DR-500P Masterbilt. I love both of 'em, almost as much as I like my Gibson. For the money, they can't be beat. Hang on to your DR-500M, and add an AJ later if you want one. The DR Masterbilt dreadnoughts are well worth having.

Uncle Buck

Archived