Gibson Brands Forums

My sons Epi AJ200 a review

davidbg63

My 13 year old son has been practicing guitar and getting pretty good with the chords so I decided to purchase him a "step-up" guitar to work with. I bought the Limited Edition Epi AJ-200. Other than the great feeling of buying my son his first guitar, I was amazed at the sound and quality.

I would recommend to anyone looking for a "step up" for the kids learning to play or wanting an acoustic to take to parties and other venues where you don't want to bring out the good stuff, to look at this model.

Solid Spruce top, action was set exactly how I like it, gold hardware along with a surprisingly strong tone.

Also purchesed the hardshell case which looks to be top quality all for under about $300.

He has asked me several times over the past few days, "Dad stop and let me play it" HAHA I can't put this thing down!

Picture047.jpg

He has asked me several times over the past few days' date=' "Dad stop and let me play it" HAHA I can't put this thing down!

[/quote']

That's great! Love it!

A friend of mine bought the Epi EJ-200 and it sounds really really good! I wish they had had guitars like this when I was 13. You're a good dad, davidbg63!

Archived