Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement BATTERY COVER??

languagenerd

Hi there, boy am I glad to find this forum. I have an older (1993 I think) PR5e, it is my baby, and someone did me the favor of losing the battery cover.

The repair shop rigged up a cover for me and charged me 40 bucks to do it; the cover then broke into pieces within five minutes of beginning to play it the first time. So much for that solution.

So now, what are my options? The repair guy suggested looking around pawn shops for old guitars to see if I could find someone willing to sell me just the battery cover or just the preamp, or the whole guitar cheap enough to be worthwhile buying it for parts. I've been looking around EBay and the Internet with no luck. Obviously a $200 replacement preamp is not a viable solution because the guitar is not worth that much any more.

Ideas?

My $.02........

It may not be worth it to somebody else but, if this guitar is "your baby", you might want to reconsider as it may well be worth it to you! If you don't plan on selling or trading this guitar, there's no need to worry about getting you money back. Why not go ahead and replace the preamp? You'll most likely get better, more updated preamp technology and "your baby" will show it's appreciation by giving you many more years of joy and you'll feel better that it's been made whole again!

:D about it!

1-800-4GIBSON (1-800-444-2766)

service@gibson.com

AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, & MSN Messenger

users can IM Gibson Customer Service at customer.service1@gibson.com

Call the good folks at gibson,or e,ail to find your local epiphone dealer.

while your talking to them they might just send you a new battery cover..

Never know ,how the good folks will be.but you might get lauck and score a free one

Thanks for the suggestions! I have great news, I happened to be at the Gibson store/workshop in Nashville and they had my exact guitar leaning against the wall behind the guy making mandolins in the workshop. I asked if they might have a battery cover lying around and they just gave me the one off that guitar!! Mad props to the guys in the Gibson store - pay them a visit if you ever go through Nashville.

• 3 months later...

The battery cover on my 1993 PR5E broke and I've been looking for a replacement for a couple of years. No one seems to have one. I play live every weekend and have been using tape to keep the battery in. However, it doesn't always hold and I would really like to find a "real" cover for it. It's hard to believe Gibson/Epiphone doesn't have any (from what they told me). Thanks for any suggestions.

The saddle on my AJ200SR snapped in two last week. I e-mailed Epiphone and they got back to me within one day and said they'd be glad to mail me a new saddle free of charge.

That hurts my feelings.

I bought a Masterbilt DR-500RA and within the first month the bone saddle chipped under the low E string.

They told me they didn't have replacement saddles and I should purchase one from a shop.

So I got the replacement saddle from Epiphone today. But it's not compensated like the factory installed one on the AJ200SR. Will this make any difference? I've never replaced one on my own before.

It's plastic. Two pieces sandwiched together. I know, at the very least, I'll have to sand the bottom flat as there's extra plastic sticking out at the seam.

Archived