Gibson Brands Forums

30 minutes left.. black dot ebay.. looks like a good deal

TWANG

Looks like it could be a good deal. But the seller has 0 feedback and no return policy at all. There is also only one pic that is not very good, being far away and showing only part of the guitar. You can't see the headstock at all.

For me, that's enough to let someone else bid on it.

Still, looks like some lucky guy got a nice black Dot Studio for $150. Not bad, not bad... the Studios look particularly fine in black. I figure as long as there's no Chinese connection you should be pretty safe.

I was so tempted... I'd have taken the chance if I wasn't so cheap.

Ok, I also can't justify it by need.. only by GAS!

da*n epiphones. Things that don't sit right with you are supposed to give you gas, not things that do!

Brad is right. Even for a great price' date=' I wouldn't buy from a seller with 0 feedback and no return policy. You might have gotten a good deal for $150 or lost your money. I try to avoid this feeling as much as possible: =D> [/quote']

It's also a good idea to look at the feedback. Some sellers have feedback only for buying things, and sometimes those things they buy are like $.50 Pez dispensers.

Interesting to find this thread at the moment. I've just spent some time checking all the Epiphones on Australian eBay and I don't think I'm exaggerating to say most of them seem to be fakes. Despite specifying Australian locations for the guitars, when I looked at the negative feedback most were complaining about the guitar being sent from China.

And these guitars all have lots of bidders and are selling. Epiphone must be losing an enormous amount of sales to these fakes and lots of buyers are being ripped off.

I have often sent to complaints to eBay and the Australian Epiphone distributor but no one seems to care.

Archived