Gibson Brands Forums

Never Mind

Taylor_Nut

This forum sucks?

This sort of sounds like the little kid who screams "I don't like it! Waahhh!!" Without ever explaining why.

](*,)

(You know, there is such a thing as....constructive criticism!)

I actually like this forum. The whole thing with Epiphones...there's this serious "modding" culture built around them. Hence, you're going to find a lot of people here who modify their own stuff...

And probably have a tip or two to pass along the way.

Now, if you ask me?

I don't there's anything "sucky" about this at all.

In fact, a lot of tips are helpful.

This is, of course, just my opinion.

This forum sucks?

This sort of sounds like the little kid who screams "I don't like it! Waahhh!!" Without ever explaining why.

](*

(You know, there is such a thing as....constructive criticism!)

I actually like this forum. The whole thing with Epiphones...there's this serious "modding" culture built around them. Hence, you're going to find a lot of people here who modify their own stuff...

And probably have a tip or two to pass along the way.

Now, if you ask me?

I don't there's anything "sucky" about this at all.

In fact, a lot of tips are helpful.

This is, of course, just my opinion.[/quote']

+1. Probably cuz he's a Taylor nut, but then again, this IS an Epiphone forum.

I don't think it's a bad forum. You ask a question a give an honest answer. I'm staying.

BTW, you don't have to be rude when you don't like something. You don't have to let everyone know that you don't like the forum, and possibly making them feel bad. Do what you wish, but try to be a little more considerate.

EDIT:

Not throwing a hissy fit Brad (that was mature BTW)...I just don't like being held hostage by the rules even though there are many nice folks here. An overcontrolling environment does not stimulate creativity. The forum moderators have created a sense of inhibition by not expanding the topics allowed wihtin their walls. I posted so that the mods could chalk up another discontent in the midst and it was not aimed at forum members. Please don't be defensive.

...granted' date=' this is a free forum...I belong to some that I have contributed to be as a member. There is much more open dialogue in those forums along with rules of civility. I hope you are all happy here even though you get limited scope of what this really could be. It could be really great but random post deletions and limits on what can be discussed really does suck.[/quote']

Well, why didn't you say this in your first post? It would have made sense because then people could've replied and tell you what they think other than you just saying this forum sucks. Tell you're whole problem to avoid more problems.

Not throwing a hissy fit Brad (that was mature BTW)...I just don't like being held hostage by the rules even though there are many nice folks here. An overcontrolling environment does not stimulate creativity. The forum moderators have created a sense of inhibition by not expanding the topics allowed wihtin their walls. I posted so that the mods could chalk up another discontent in the midst and it was not aimed at forum members. Please don't be defensive.

...granted' date=' this is a free forum...I belong to some that I have contributed to be a member. There is much more open dialogue in those forums along with rules of civility. [/quote']

And to what exactly are you referring?

I agree with most of 'cleaning' here though. Damnit if you wanna talk about Marshall amps, go to their forum. Likewise with Fender, even "GIBSON".

This is an EPI forum dude. What do you expect? I don't wanna read about Mesa-Boogie Amps here. I wanna read about EPI stuff here.

I don't wanna read about "Beginner just starting out" here either. Go to Guitarnoise.com or somewhere else.

There's a music-based message board that I spend most of my online time on. There's several musicians (including a couple of pros) on there and one day a few months ago we got to talking guitars. Someone was looking to buy his first proper guitar and the Epiphone name came up. Now, I would never have given Epiphone a second thought (I've always been a Fender man) except someone on that message board was claiming how great his Epi LP Junior is.

So I looked at GC's website and thought "hey! They're not that expensive." If they're that good at that price, I should look into it. And then someone else said their Dot rocks. Now I've always loved the 335 but I could never afford a real one, but I though maybe instead of spending around $200 for a Jr. I should spend the extra on a Dot.

So then I thought "I should look into opinions on the Dot to help me decide if it's worth spending the extra." And that's how I found this place.

So I bought a new cherry red Dot. And now I have an LP Jr. too! And I've put some money into modding the Dot. It'll be a Lerxst Dot™ soon! And a new GFS Vintage '59 (and a couple of other bits & pieces) is on it's way for the LP Jr.

None of that would have happened without this forum.

Look, it's simple. This is Epiphone's sandbox. We're allowed to play here but they get to set the rules and if we don't like it, well, nobody is forcing us to stay. It's not a democratic thing... it's a corporate thing. A bit silly sometimes but when you're signing the cheques you can be as silly as you want. Let's not get too emotional about this either way; hope you'll stick around, TaylorNut.

Hmmm... is that a bone nut?

"I belong to some that I have contributed to be as a member. There is much more open dialogue

in those forums along with rules of civility."

try the fdp some day...great information but unless you donate money, you tend to be marginalized...I don't think

the dialogue is any more open there than here...criticism of ebay auctions (even rip off deals) is not tolerated and

some members use the money issue to berate and criticize those who have given less or nothing...it's an interesting

forum, but it has its own issues...

It'll be a Lerxst Dot™ soon! And a new GFS Vintage '59 (and a couple of other bits & pieces) is on it's way for the LP Jr.

None of that would have happened without this forum.

Heheh... Now it's been trademarked? Thanks, Billybob..

Have you thought about a Mean 90 for the Junior?

Heheh... Now it's been trademarked? Thanks' date=' Billybob..

Have you thought about a Mean 90 for the Junior?

[/quote']

I figured I'll try the Vintage '59 in the Jr. first. If I really - I mean really like it, I'll leave it in, otherwise it's going into the Dot (and I'll order another one, obviously). Sounds a bit *** backwards, I know, but it saves working on the Dot twice.

So, assuming I replace the Dot pups with Vintage '59s, I'll put a P90 on the Jr. Someone else recommended a Mean 90, so maybe that's the way to go.

Archived