Gibson Brands Forums

Reverb/Tremolo Pedal

Hello everyone,

I don't have enought money for a tube amp right now, like an ac 15 or a fender twin. But i really want to get tremolo or reverb. The reverb on my little kustom amp isn't that powerful, and i would love some tremolo.

anyone know of a tremolo/reverb pedal? a "surf pedal" maybe??? I just dont want to have two seperate pedals.

or do you think i should just save up for a 600 dollar amp?

Hello everyone' date='

I don't have enought money for a tube amp right now, like an ac 15 or a fender twin. But i really want to get tremolo or reverb. The reverb on my little kustom amp isn't that powerful, and i would love some tremolo.

anyone know of a tremolo/reverb pedal? a "surf pedal" maybe??? I just dont want to have two seperate pedals.

or do you think i should just save up for a 600 dollar amp?[/quote']

I recently bought a Holy Stain by Electro Harmonix for my VJr. Some people like them some don't, try before you buy. The only effect I like is reverb and the VJr doesn't have it. The Stain has reverb, tremolo, pitch shift, fuzz and distortion. One real downside for me is it comes with a wallwart and it doesn't have a battery. Personally I like the reverb, and the distortion and fuzz sound decent too. YMMV. You can only use one of the DSPs at a time. No reverb and tremolo at the same time. The fuzz and distortion are analog. Go to Harmony Central and read the reviews, if interested. Mine cost about $99.00USD from sweetwater.com. I'm not a pedal person, but I do like this one. It seems well built.

anyone know of a tremolo/reverb pedal? a "surf pedal" maybe??? I just dont want to have two seperate pedals. or do you think i should just save up for a 600 dollar amp?

question 1 = Have you considered a used POD? My older 2.0 has a decent reverb and a tremolo (I don't like it but others might). The little newer POD XT has multiple reverb options (spring' date=' room, etc.). Either work well with a tube amp and they certainly help a solid state (but not to a true tube's level of greatness). You can pick one up on ebay for $120-200 US/Canadian

[u']question 2[/u] = New VJr. V3 head sells for $129 - head/cab $220 - combo $170ish (not sure) These are really inexpensive tube amps (with expensive tube amp tone). Highly recommended.

Oooops, almost forgot my manners: WELCOME TO THE FORUM Master Sammich!

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Archived