Gibson Brands Forums

neck shaving lp100 vrs custom

johncart

i have an Epi LP100 and a Epi custom.The custom has the larger neck but i like the smaller neck on the lp100 better. My question is,can the Epiphone custom neck be shaved down to same dimsions as the Epi Lp100's neck without getting too close to the truss rod(or causing the neck to be unsafe and break)?

i do alot of custom work on guitars..on my Epi100, I changed the bolt on neck to a set neck and added some wood to get a Gibson shaped headstock. MY Epi custom has had all Gibson electronics added (pickups,wiring,switches etc.) and it screams!!!!

I bought the custom to renew my love affair with the cherry burst Les Paul...I had a used 1968 gibson cherryburst custom in mint shape with a HSC that i bought off the wall in a music store for $425 in1974, sold it 2 months later for $375 to a friend because it was too heavy ](*,) here are the shots of my LP 100 and custom

ic8om1.jpg2dubhx0.jpg

14o7y3b.jpg

That was weird. Is the Delete button back?

Hmmm.. no... but there was a reply to this thread just a minute ago; now it's gone. Do we have a BUG?

Ahhh... silly me. Same question asked twice. No answer for you.

can the Epiphone custom neck be shaved down to same dimsions as the Epi Lp100's neck without getting too close to the truss rod

I don't own a LP100, but I would expect the Custom to have the same thickness in trussrod. So depending on your skills, yes.

i do alot of custom work on guitars..on my Epi100' date=' I changed the bolt on neck to a set neck and added a Gibson shaped headstock. MY Epi custom has had all Gibson electronics added (pickups,wiring,switches etc.) [/quote']

Pics please

• 4 weeks later...

got the epi standard in.....guitar is at the shop getting some fret work done as one fret had a serious groove in it.8-[ ..i was told the guitar must have fallen over on it and the string nailed the fret wire so hard that there was a narrow groove that would hook the string... I am going to contact the seller(ebay) to see if i can recoupe some money...I'll send a copy of the work receipt if he wants too.B)

35bypfa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well the seller says nope..not refunding repair work($30 fretwork) but would take guitar back and refund purchase price...aslo wanted to know why i didnt tell him about the repair before i did it...now i know he doesnt want me to pay for shipping right? that would mean that i would be out an additional $35 to ship a guitar that wasnt in perfect shape like he said it was..(should cost me more for his less than acurate description right?) also if i sent it to him to fix then it would have cost him$70 (S&H both ways)to repair..hmm seems to me to keep his integrity as a seller, refund the fixit money so i get a guitar that was as described and maybe get some future sales too...oh and the slim neck that he said it has.....its the same as on the EP Custom...hmmm i went online to look at descriptons of each and the both claim same nut width.scale radius...maybe ill just shave it myself...the custom does sound meatier..(gibson electronics and bone nut) than the Std...So much for purchasing from axesboldaslovejimidavis on Ebay...oh he claims i am an extortionist and a liar,,,yeah right..

oh it was good..his feedback to me was,,sellers beware liar extortionist...mine was, you said guitar was perfect playing shape, it wasnt, had it repaired for $30 (fret work) you refused to refund repair work your the liar.

it all started when i made an offer to purchase his guitar for $435 if he threw in a hard shell case (he wanted 400 without case plus $35 to ship) He agreed ,then i get it and the string stops dead in the dented fret when trying to bend a note up on the 17th fret.WTF?

anywho... dont anyone buy any guitars from Axesboldaslovejimidavis on Ebay....Mine maybe an isolated case but he doesnt make things right.........nuff said...

On a brighter note,,I love the guitar now...my favorite finish..I'll probably set it up like the custom..nut bridge, change pickups, etc....

Archived