Gibson Brands Forums

I LOVE Craigslist/HGND to me!

stumblinman

I was perusing craigslist at work this morning, and came across this: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/721187533.html

Met the guy and played it in a parking lot thru a little Dano Honeytone portable amp I brought. Whomever he bought it from upgraded the bridge, and I believe the pickup as well, as all the wiring was messed up. You had to crank everything up to get any volume. I told him it needed work, and he sold it to me for $80. Damn, I'm glad I waited and didn't buy a humbucker Junior and drop a Mean 90 in. Nothing against Mean 90s, but I really wanted the look of a dogear pup. I think I might put a new nut on and maybe upgrade tuners, but after a little soldering and tightening of loose nuts it sounds great. Yay! My favorite 80 dollar guitar! It's got a few dings on the edge, and a small dent in the back, but it's a player, not a shower. Also, I went to guitardaterproject.org and it couldn't tell me the factory. Serial is JK99050198 Any ideas?

I'll post my own pictures later and update my avatar accordingly as well.

Snap! I bought one (a sunburst) from Craig's List a couple months ago. I put a set of keystones on my Dot a while ago, so the Dot's original Grovers went on the Jr. (the holes needed to be drilled out). I put a GFS Vintage '59 on it last night.

I tried the "$3.99 upgrade" on the Jr - rubbed down the back of the neck and the fretboard with 0000 steel wool. What a difference!

Archived