Gibson Brands Forums

Installed Bitmo spanky

Cole

I have installed a JJ EL84 and a Tungsol 12AX7 which helped a bit. The bitmo spanky is

great. i have the 100k resistor n series w/ the stock 1meg resistor in R1. I changed C4

to 3.3 uF in parallel w/ R8. I cut JP1 to remove C3. i left R6 and R7 stock and i installed

the cut cap. It sounds amazing to my ears. Its sort of a mix between a blackface fender

and a vintage marshall. It has less gain than stock and is way brighter. I tried the bright

cap and bright + cut caps but i like just the cut cap the best. The brightness is great but

i was wondering a simple way to thickn it up a bit. I want a little more mids. I'm also

considering a 5751 preamp tube, what is a good brand.

I have installed a JJ EL84 and a Tungsol 12AX7 which helped a bit. The bitmo spanky is

great. i have the 100k resistor n series w/ the stock 1meg resistor in R1. I changed C4

to 3.3 uF in parallel w/ R8. I cut JP1 to remove C3. i left R6 and R7 stock and i installed

the cut cap. It sounds amazing to my ears. Its sort of a mix between a blackface fender

and a vintage marshall. It has less gain than stock and is way brighter. I tried the bright

cap and bright + cut caps but i like just the cut cap the best. The brightness is great but

i was wondering a simple way to thickn it up a bit. I want a little more mids. I'm also

considering a 5751 preamp tube' date=' what is a good brand.[/quote']

I too would like advice on a good 5751! :)

Archived