Gibson Brands Forums

What makes a guitar player a "guitarist"?

alcorn429

Pas vrai. Vous avez des 'guitaristes' puis vous avez des 'joueurs de guitare'. Pas le même chose.

Rotcan, On dit d'un guitariste qu'il joue de la guitare...mais jamais, en bon français, on dit qu'il est un joueur de guitare dans le même sens que l'expression anglaise "guitar player"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhat true. But he has a lot of heart and emotion and it comes through when he plays. There are a lot of far more accomplished players out there. Jazzrock' date=' fusion-types who will have your head spinning with all the progressions, turnarounds and whatnot. But while a admire their technical and theoretical abilities, it's just not tickling me in the right places...[/quote']

I'm with you here Ricochet. there was a previous thread a while ago discussing technical prowess vrs. emotion or something like that discussing the same issue. Give me someone that can emit the emotion anyday bro !

I'm with you here Ricochet. there was a previous thread a while ago discussing technical prowess vrs. emotion or something like that discussing the same issue. Give me someone that can emit the emotion anyday bro !

ME THREE! Give me BB King' minimalist approach anyday, over all the "Shredders"

on the planet. I too, admire their techical prowess, but I just prefer a few notes

that can send shivers or bring a tear to the eye!

CB

Archived