Gibson Brands Forums

lp jr. special

fenrirlupus

I'd suggest it(stock) over any starter guitar under 140 bucks.

The humbucker isn't awesome, but it's not difficult to get a GFS mean 90 and get the junior tone that the greats used.

Also, it's good to have a guitar you're not afraid to mod, and the biggest factor is liking how it feels, if it feels right in your hand when you move a chord in the rhythm, buy it.

Oh, and epi epi valve junior half stack is GREAT to go with it especially once you get the mean 90 in.

Vintage, blues, early rock n' roll, all the way to AC DC, right there.

The Epiphone Les Paul Junior is a bolt-on neck, with humbucker in the bridge.

The Epiphone Les Paul Special II is a bolt-on neck with humbuckers in the bridge and neck.

They're both cheap guitars, and not really the same as the Gibsons with the same name (which both have P-90s)

Yeah.. Junior OR Special... not both.

They did release a Special, one of those YEC guitars for Japan, and through a series of machinations some of them ended up in Canada.

ELSPnewPG.jpg

Both the '57 Jr reissue and the LE Special are pretty cool guitars.

LPJr.jpg

^^^Speak of the devil.

I am real curious about the difference in sound/output of a GFS P90 (for my 57RI) against a Gibson P90. I know there are real high output Duncans etc etc but Im still curious about the Gibby P90.

Anyone have both?

Yeah.. Junior OR Special... not both.

They did release a Special' date=' one of those YEC guitars for Japan, and through a series of machinations some of them ended up in Canada.

[img']http://www.marantatech.com/Graphix/ELSPnewPG.jpg[/img]

Both the '57 Jr reissue and the LE Special are pretty cool guitars.

LPJr.jpg

not jr. and special, jr. special.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-LP-Junior-Special-Electric-Guitar-101691038-i1150104.gc

IMO your better off keeping your eyes opened for a setneck 57RI Junior on the bay (they pop up now and then) rather than this Jr. option that you linked here, would need to be modded to play "decent".

Why bother? Bid on the RI.

Archived