Gibson Brands Forums

Which Guitar (GuitarS) Should Epiphone NEVER discontinue?

charlie brown

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RotcanX' date='

You MUST have a stock G400 in there (the $399 model). What say you on its quality and playability? That was one of the guitars at the GC yesterday that was making me weak in the knees.[/quote']

Well, first of all, $399 is a big ripoff for a G-400. You shouldn't be paying more than $299 US ($329 Cdn) for a G-400. I guess the closest thing I have to a stock G-400 is the Vintage one (fifth from the left). The Maestro G-400 has BBs in it. All I can tell you is that if I was going to buy another G-400 tomorrow, I'd stay away from anything other than an EE-made model. The DWs and the UCs just don't cut it IMO. Some of the EEs are chillingly close in feel to the real deal.

Well' date=' first of all, $399 is a big ripoff for a G-400. You shouldn't be paying more than $299 US ($329 Cdn) for a G-400. I guess the closest thing I have to a stock G-400 is the Vintage one (fifth from the left). The Maestro G-400 has BBs in it. All I can tell you is that if I was going to buy another G-400 tomorrow, I'd stay away from anything other than an EE-made model. The DWs and the UCs just don't cut it IMO. Some of the EEs are chillingly close in feel to the real deal.[/quote']

Are the EEs still being manufactured, or would I be looking in the used market? Those are made in QingDao?

I don't think any of the Archtops' date=' Standard and custom LPs, and By all means NEVER any ELITIST. They should bring back Elitist SGs. I after receiving my Elitist am one sold S.O.B. MAn what a dream with no need to MOD whatsoever

Amen!

[/quote']

I have seen several Elitist SGs on fleabay, but they are all ebony so far. No cherry to be had.

You can never have 'enough SGs'. :-

I wish I could find one in a leftie model to test. But to be honest...I haven't seen an honest-to-god, in the flesh leftie SG since...1990?

(And the funny thing is this: You'd think those guitars would be a lot easier to convert to a leftie vs. the Les Pauls. Hmmm...)

EDIT: But 6 one half.....If push came to shove...as long as the archtops were still sold, I'm cool with the rest of it going by the wayside. That's Epi's bread and butter...and their history...

Are the EEs still being manufactured' date=' or would I be looking in the used market? Those are made in QingDao?[/quote']

Yes they are still manufacturing G400s.

Didn't you see any at GC the other day when you were there?

Come on now, I thought you were sober. (lol)

I wish they would keep the existing Elitist line and Expand it with the Riveria and the multiple finish options for all. I've been searching Ebay for an Elitist Broadway in VS for over two years now. There have been two of these and both were seconds in poor shape. Or do I want them to discontinue all of the Elitists which might possibly raise the value of guitars already in the field. Well, nah, I don't ever plan on selling them. I want other guitar players to experience a guitar that is as good as they come for bargain price as I have.

Svet

The one they never shoulda dropped:

SGcontour.jpg

Smartest thing I ever did was to quit smoking. Second smartest thing I ever did was to grab that baby.

Spud, you have a sadistic side...every time you show this guitar, I get G.A.S. for one....BAD! LOL!

CB

Archived