Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD!! It's a girl!

luvastogie

I welcomed a 7 lb, 12 oz Limited Edition Dot Studio named Natalie into the family today. Born in the Qingdao factory back in January of this year, #0241. Limited Edition in the ways of having a maple body instead of mahogany and also being cherry in color instead of worn cherry. Unfortunately, it will be Sunday evening before I can really enjoy spending some time with her.

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

Hope to get a few better pics of her later. I don't think these quite capture her beauty but the rules state she doesn't exist until I show pics.

That is one sweet Dot' date=' Ike. Kind of a cross between the two Dots. I like my

Dot Studio but I like yours better. HNGD!!!! (BTW: How can you tell that

it's a girl?)[/quote']

She's got two holes.

Actually' date=' the color is called tomato...[/quote']

Actually, you're wrong. This limited edition is a different animal (er..vegetable? Fruit?).

It is, in fact, cherry - and note that the grain shows thru. Solid-color tomato Dots were

discontinued some time ago.

Actually' date=' you're wrong. This limited edition is a different animal (er..vegetable? Fruit?).

It is, in fact, cherry - and note that the grain shows thru. Solid-color tomato Dots were

discontinued some time ago.[/quote']

Oooh.

Sorry. I'm not an expert. I just read about the tomato on another thread on here, I didn't know whether the grain showed through it or not.

also, could you point me in the direction of a cherry dot studio?

also' date=' could you point me in the direction of a cherry dot studio?[/quote']

Good luck. When Ike first announced the existence of this gem, nobody knew about it, even RotcanX. And there is absolutely nothing about it on the web.

She's got two holes.

Damn that's clever. And funny.

Congratulations on the new addition! So what cigars are you passing out???

Unfortunately, they'll be extreme cheapies. Shortly after buying her, I find out I'm getting laid off in 3 weeks. Damn economy.

It's a beauty. Love those archtops and it really looks good in red.

Sorry about the lay-off. The !^$*&@( economy is affecting my band business as well. A country can only fight a war on credit for so long before the economy and the currency both tank.

Take care of your baby girl, and treat her nicely.

Notes

It's a beauty. Love those archtops and it really looks good in red.

Sorry about the lay-off. The !^$*&@( economy is affecting my band business as well. A country can only fight a war on credit for so long before the economy and the currency both tank

Notes

Well, you can take some consolation in the fact that when the economy is troughed, people tend to continue spending money on the things that make them forget about the bad times: movies, bars, concerts, etc.

And, I imagine that the new Dot is a girl because she is so sweet...

Hey Luvastogie, congratulations! She's a beauty! Hey during that discussion you and I had some time back you posted a picture of your humidor. I believe that is where I saw one of the Cigar Oasis humidifiers. Am I correct? Anyway I finally bought one a couple of months ago. These things work great! No more messing around with those static ones every week!

Svet

Edit:

Just saw your comment about the layoff. I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you find a new job and quickly at that.

Thanx everyone on your condolences about the layoff. I've got basically until the end of next month and a couple of possible options available already so things aren't as bad as they could be.

Also, thanx on the compliments about the new gal. All my guitars are girls for those of you that brought it up. Not that I have anything against men, it's just that I compare them to boats and cars, they are all ladies in my book.

Question - If I ever wanted to try to turn her (or another Studio) into more of a standard Dot , are the 3 holes already drilled for the switch, volume and tone control, in the identical place as the top 3 holes on a standard Dot? If, or when, I upgrade the wiring, drilling 2 holes in the top wouldn't be that much extra work to make separate volume and tone controls. I already love that the jack is on the side of the guitar instead of the front.

Well Stogie, I dunno where you're at, but if it's anything like the Northeast, good luck jobhunting, yer gonna need it. Anyway, congrats on yer new Dot, let's just hope she don't end up like my Goldtop (sold).

Question - If I ever wanted to try to turn her (or another Studio) into more of a standard Dot ' date=' are the 3 holes already drilled for the switch, volume and tone control, in the identical place as the top 3 holes on a standard Dot? If, or when, I upgrade the wiring, drilling 2 holes in the top wouldn't be that much extra work to make separate volume and tone controls. I already love that the jack is on the side of the guitar instead of the front.[/quote']

I'm not sure, they look pretty close, just make the volume into the switch hole. I'm sure it would be do-able. I wished my Dot had the 1/4" jack on the side like the studios too.

Archived