Gibson Brands Forums

Please Help me Make up my MIND!

thejoel3

I am customizing my Gibson Flying V and I am to the new pickup part of the customization. I have been through every pickup in the book and have narrowed my search to passive EMGs, Seymour Duncans, or Dimarzios! Or I could get a Gibson Dirty Fingers put it in the bridge and keep the 496r in the neck. Or get a new neck pickup and keep the 500t in the bridge. I have no idea! All sugestions welcome

Thanks

I am customizing my Gibson Flying V and I am to the new pickup part of the customization. I have been through every pickup in the book and have narrowed my search to passive EMGs' date=' Seymour Duncans, or Dimarzios! Or I could get a Gibson Dirty Fingers put it in the bridge and keep the 496r in the neck. Or get a new neck pickup and keep the 500t in the bridge. I have no idea! All sugestions welcome

Thanks[/quote']

Depends on what you're after. Please, be more specific.

Here's a Gibson Gothic V I refinished in white. I went with a mix of passives and actives (yes, it can b e done easily). I use an EMG 85 bridge and a Dimarzio Virtual Vintage PAF neck with a push/pull coil tap. Each pickup is wired to it's own pot (25k for the EMG and 500k for the Dimarzio) and not only do they work, they actually sounds killer together at the same time, especially with the neck split. I get the fatness and thump of the EMG, but the organic snap from the split passive.

IMG_2301.jpg

GothicVRefinished.jpg

Archived