Gibson Brands Forums

any gibsons that you think epiphone should do a version of that they don't already have?

fenrirlupus

ok' date=' there's keep threads, there's get rid of threads, and now there's a "what next?" thread.

[/quote']

I did a "what model should Epiphone develop next" thread a little while back. This time around I think I will just say that I would almost rather see them offer some new designs. Semi hollows with different cutaway options/color options/tailpiece options/coil taps maybe........

I'd actually like to see an online Gibson/Epiphone service where customers can design their own guitars (color, pickups, mahogany vs. maple top, specialties such as a Bisby or a nanomag) and then get it ordered just the way they want it...

In fact...I'd rather see that vs. introduction of additional models. I actually think that right now, they've got too many different models of the same base guitars.

i want this

423737jpg.jpg

(and i know you wildkat deluxe fans would rather have that back' date=' but i like the es 335 more.) [/quote']

Look for a used Jorma online. I think it only came in the wine red with gold hardware though. I remeber seeing early Supernovas in colors other than the blue and Brit flag? Early on some had bigsbys I think?

You can always get a black Dot and a B7 and some plugs too.

I'd actually like to see an online service where customers can design their own guitars (color' date=' pickups, mahogany vs. maple top, specialties such as a Bisby or a nanomag) and then get it ordered just the way they want it...[/quote']

Actually that exists. You'll find it at glguitars.com.

i want this

423737jpg.jpg

(and i know you wildkat deluxe fans would rather have that back' date=' but i like the es 335 more.) [/quote']

I think there is an Epi version of the Dot with Bigsby. I saw one about two weeks ago at a local music store called Gallins, here in Sydney. Black Dot custom shop with Gold hardware and bigsby... They may have had it for some time so it might have been a custom shop run from awhile ago..

Actually that exists. You'll find it at glguitars.com.

Yup, that's one. Other guitar companies (I won't name names...but they're out there) also have software engines where you can design your own guitar to order.

But....just an observation here....most of the stuff that is being sort of drooled over as far as "wish list" stuff....it's already been released (or something like it in terems of a base model), or is a variation of an existing model being produced now.

Call me the Devil's Advocate, but I am wondering if the better route (especially for the high end stuff like this) would be to simply have said customer just design their guitar to order with packages offered when choosing specific models....

(Maybe someone could clarify this...but as far as the high end stuff.....wouldn't it be easier to do it this way than say, to produce 10000 models of a pre-existing guitar that is a slight variation of what is already offered, and hoping that all of the models will move?)

Archived