Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Ultra-II Australia

Mystique

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows whats the hold up with these (Les Paul Ultra-II) guitars reaching Australia, they have been out for a fair while now, am i going to have to wait for an ultra-III to come out before we get the Ultra-II guitar... 8-[

We got the Epiphone slash signature in reasonable time (another great guitar) but Ultra-II has slipped off the radar.

I heard from an Aussie on another forum today - he ordered one back when they were announced (February?), and GibsonAMI just last week told his store that they wouldn't be bringing them into Australia until near Christmas.

The Slash LP's were here in a couple of weeks of their release.

GibsonAMI make the weirdest decisions, and their customer/retailer communication is dreadful (this is based on a couple of experiences I've had with them ordering items).

GibsonAMI make the weirdest decisions' date=' and [b']their customer/retailer communication is dreadful[/b] ...

You're not kidding. Notice there is no phone number or address on the website? They just have no respect for customers and when you contact them you wish you hadn't. I shudder every time I visit that the website. You would think as distributors for such a prestigious brandname they would spend a few bucks on hiring a website designer *.

Gallins Guitar shops are owned by GibsonAMI (yeah, makes you wonder about competition in the Gibson/Epiphone market, doesn't it?) so I usually contact them now when I have a query such as this thread topic. They often can't answer straight off but at least they've always called back a day or two later.

*EDIT: I use Firefox and just decided to check the website using Internet Explorer. Things do line up with IE so their website person just hasn't bothered to check the page script in Firefox. This doesn't detract from it being a woeful site information-wise.

The site seems normal in Firefox 3... Although' date=' I wasn't "authorised to view this page" when I went to the Contact AMI page.

[/quote']

I use FF3 too but when viewing the site I get a long left-to-right scroll bar. With IE everything is lined on the one page.

That contact page with 'not authorised to view this page' is real customer-friendly, isn't it?

i use Safari - oh yeah shop at Billy Hydes Music in Camperdown (Sydney) and speak to Walter - you will always get at least 30% off (RRP) when you deal with a good saleman like Walter and get the real price on Gibsons.

Wow this is great information and what can I say its the usual rip-off bs that goes on here in Australia.

I can't wait until it comes out and they slap an over inflated price on the guitar, sometimes it amazes me that these people think they can treat customers like this, these days any smuck can go online check out the prices on the guitar overseas do the maths and calculate the costs of shipping and compare it to the price here and find that they can have it in their hands much sooner and at a cheaper price.

Stupid decisions indeed.

Yeah i've heard good things about billy hyde music's customer service.

Archived